alright, so I was just wondering if over the years, will my voice get stronger?

as of now, it sounds like..well not what I want it to be, but I'm guessing that's because I've only been singing seriously since this summer and has not matured yet (I'm 17 now)

Right now, i have a tendency of singing in a kind of soft/low tone, and whenever I try to get loud it just doesn't happen.

When I sing along to something, then I begin to get louder. (lack of confidence maybe?)

I do sing from the throat, but not to the extreme. I just constrict my throat a tiny bit, and when I begin to get louder I sing from both the diaphragm and throat...if that's possible.

I constrict my throat as much as van morrison did back in the early days if anyone knows
this is a shot in the dark, but try really knowing the melodies that you're trying to sing...I know it sounds rather trivial, but when you sing along with a song the melody is already there, hence allowing you to sing louder, as opposed to relying on your ear.
I think like most things, the more you practice, the better you get. I used to have a really weak voice, but now that I sing more often than I used to, my voice has been getting more power in it. Confidence also helps a lot, because if you're not confident, you won't want to sing very loud, causing your voice to not sound that great.
^
ahh I see what you mean. Yes, I do try to sing more without the song playing. I just did that before so I could get in tune
ok, I posted a clip on my profile what I mean by my voice getting stronger in case some don't understand

When you start, the guy singing is what I sound like at the moment, and then you'll know when his voice changes. You can hear how much stronger it got since before.

(Yes it is the same guy singing)
well yes it should get better over time. what helped me was singing along to music at decent volumes so that i focused on prjecting better. also, i was in a musical in high school and that helped me get used to singing with power. we also had someone coaching us so i learned a bit about how to project properly. if you dont want lessons, look on youtube and get some books on singing and projection. keep singing and it should come. its mostly in your head actually. once you get used to hearing your voice loudly, it will become easier. next step is doing it in front of people.

i still have a bit of a problem in front of people. but only in small intimate sessions. if im with a full band in front of a crowd, im fine. but if its a couple of people and its just me and the guitar, i have a little problem projecting....unless im drunk...which i dont suggest lol.
Quote by esp1234
alright, so I was just wondering if over the years, will my voice get stronger?

yes if you would not spoil it (smoking etc).

as of now, it sounds like..well not what I want it to be, but I'm guessing that's because I've only been singing seriously since this summer and has not matured yet (I'm 17 now)

What else did you expect? It could take you year or two to become good singer.. and much more to become a great one.

When I sing along to something, then I begin to get louder. (lack of confidence maybe?)

I think so. yes.

P.S. It would be good to hear YOUR voice... not someone's else)