I'm often on Facebook IM while I'm here on UG, and doing other things online. A lot of the time, when somebody messages me, if I'm typing something somewhere else, it will stop it. Like, the placemarker will still be in the text box for whatever I was typing, but if I try typing something, it won't work; I have to go out of the box, and then back in to be able to type something.

Does anybody know why, and/or how to fix this?
That happens to me too.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Facebook.

There's your problem.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Photoguy9
It's just FB's Chat being retarded

This.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Does that to me too, sometimes it won't let me even click anything else until I got back to facebook.
Quote by herby190
I'm often on Facebook IM while I'm here on UG, and doing other things online. A lot of the time, when somebody messages me, if I'm typing something somewhere else, it will stop it. Like, the placemarker will still be in the text box for whatever I was typing, but if I try typing something, it won't work; I have to go out of the box, and then back in to be able to type something.

Does anybody know why, and/or how to fix this?

It does that for me too. U have firefox right? I don't know why. I use meebo for facebook chat now.
I have had that happen occasionally when I use IE but using anything else it has never happened. Although I have had all sorts of other facebook problems.
ITT: people complaing about how much facebook blows

(which it really does)
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Come to think of it, Facebooks new layout has a ton of bugs. It's actually quite terrible.
Yeah, but I still prefer Facebook over Myspace; I only use Myspace to keep up with bands, mostly ones from UG that I won't hear about many other places.
Yeah it's just facebook. It blows. I wish I lived in a place with decent cell reception.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
I have the same thing, i just click somewhere and then click back in the box and typing works again.