In my profile is a VERY rough version of my first song, 'Simple'; that's not the true name, it's just a placeholder until I think of one that suits the lyrics.

It's not even close to finished, I just wanted to get down the basic idea of the song.

Some of it may get a little boring because I have yet to record any vocals!

Also, I know the solo is crap; I slapped it together real quick just to get something in there to break the monotony of the chord progression without vocals.

There is hardly any editing done (hence why the chords and solo sound like crap) as I am still learning how to record, mix, and edit.

Thanks!
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Thanks!

Yeah, I don't like jumping right into a solo.

I like to wait until the listener gets too used to a certain progression, then break it with either a new one or a solo.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Hey, this is a neat little tune.
I really like the intro, kind of reminds me of RHCP. The chords also have a nice flow to them, but I think a cleaner setting might help them come out a bit clearer. You should also consider adding some percussion/other instruments or vocals. This has loads of potential to be a great, full song with lots of parts. I actually enjoyed the little solo you threw in there, it was a nice touch. but again, you don't have to hide behind the distortion, you play great man.

there is so much potential here; you should add more to this!

i also recently recorded a song. if you could give some feedback on it that would be awesome:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257144