still over priced.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
still over priced and, while i *ADORE* bucket and may or may not be a bit of a gibson fanboy... the fact that it's really just a white guitar w/ a blank fretboard, a larger body, and a pair of (easily self-installed) kill switches kills it for me. Then again, i'd not touch *Any* Les Paul with the tone chambering. Defeats the purpose don't you think?
I honestly don't think $2500 for a sig guitar by Gibson is overpriced.

My EJ strat was nearly $3,000 brand new. I luckily got it off ebay for $1,000. So $2500 isn't a big deal to me.

but I'm with Fij, the chambered body kinda kills it for me anyways.
Quote by FallsDownStairs
I honestly don't think $2500 for a sig guitar by Gibson is overpriced.

My EJ strat was nearly $3,000 brand new. I luckily got it off ebay for $1,000. So $2500 isn't a big deal to me.

but I'm with Fij, the chambered body kinda kills it for me anyways.

Yeah I agree, who would have thought Gibson would sell a signiture guitar for under 3 grand? It is a pretty sweet guitar, I've always been a fan of alpine white Pauls, especially Bucketheads.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
DUMB, they really ****ed that guitar.... i was hoping for a buckethead signature for years and now this??? first off no white hardware, thats lame, and those arcade button killswitches? really? you couldnt do a little better gibson? they didnt even attempt to recreate the les pauls he used for over 10 years... they decide to just make theyre own. Sorry rant over and totally not worth it.

EDIT: and lets not forget the pickups... not dimarzios.... sorry im done now, this guitar just makes me angry.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by schtick_bomb at Jan 7, 2010,
I don't see why anyone would buy a mass-produced guitar at that price, considering you can get a custom for less.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Quote by Zhuriel
I don't see why anyone would buy a mass-produced guitar at that price, considering you can get a custom for less.

Because they might like that guitar? My most recent one goes for around the same price and I'd say it's well worth the money.
Quote by schtick_bomb
DUMB, they really ****ed that guitar.... i was hoping for a buckethead signature for years and now this??? first off no white hardware, thats lame, and those arcade button killswitches? really? you couldnt do a little better gibson? they didnt even attempt to recreate the les pauls he used for over 10 years... they decide to just make theyre own. Sorry rant over and totally not worth it.

EDIT: and lets not forget the pickups... not dimarzios.... sorry im done now, this guitar just makes me angry.

This times a hundred and fifty million
Quote by schtick_bomb

well if he's using it, he probably wanted gibson to build it that way
"SO GLAD TO BE HERE I COULD JUMP OFF EVERY BRIDGE
BUT EVERYBODY'S GOT A ROPE AROUND ONE OF MY LIMBS
THEY'RE TRYIN' TO GET THEIR PIECE THEY KEEP ON TEARING ME APART
THEY WANNA GET INSIDE SO THEY CAN KICK AROUND MY HEART
"
Good point Nazo.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Just my 2c i dont get it myself, i am a fan of buckethead but to all people slagging of gibson about what they put in the guitar, how its made etc.. you have to remember that Buckethead did have alot of input into what this guitar was going to be like.

i dont think gibson just called him up and said youve now got a signature.....no need to come down and look at it though!

but from what ive heard about it, it is ment to be a nice guitar from the get go but thats just what ive heard
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Is it really 27" scale with 22 frets like MF says?
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Quote by Xherion
Is it really 27" scale with 22 frets like MF says?

in the picture it has 24 frets, so I'd assume the 27" scale w/ 24 frets
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Because they might like that guitar? My most recent one goes for around the same price and I'd say it's well worth the money.

On the other hand you can get a CUSTOM, that is a hand-built guitar made to your exact specs, for less money so unless you really are stupid enough to be enamoured with the Gibson name there is no reason to buy it.

And anyone who would pay that much extra just for the Gibson name deserves to loose their money anyway.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by nav00
Just my 2c i dont get it myself, i am a fan of buckethead but to all people slagging of gibson about what they put in the guitar, how its made etc.. you have to remember that Buckethead did have alot of input into what this guitar was going to be like.

i dont think gibson just called him up and said youve now got a signature.....no need to come down and look at it though!

but from what ive heard about it, it is ment to be a nice guitar from the get go but thats just what ive heard

True, but I doubt it's perfect. First of all, I doubt Buckethead actually uses those pickups. Second and most importantly, WHERES THE STORMTROOPER KNOB?

I thought so...

Now 2,500 is a GREAT deal for a Gibson sig. Of course, you can actually have that same guitar custom-made for cheaper that it's sale price probably.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by Sale93
Is he the guitarist who can whammy without a whammy bar ? xD

Yeah, you know, the guy with the chuckie mask.

Guitar looks pretty "ugh" imo, but it's Buckethead's sig, so I could honestly say that I wasn't expecting a masterpiece.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
If I had the money I would get it, and its for just to have. Seeing how Buckethead is my guitar idol.He is the reason I picked up a guitar.
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
I tried the sig, I have a friend who brought it even though he can not really play guitar. To me it is not that great feeling but I find most Les Pauls to be a bit uncomfortable. As for the tone it does sound kind of close, but still a lot different, that could be from the amp though. It is definitely not worth it.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Quote by schtick_bomb

retardation at it's finest. What makes you think buckethead had no say in this guitar? He uses it, it has his name on it. Oh and it's only been said that he had a hand in the design of the guitar.

It seems like a solid shredder guitar. The people bickering over the price need to shut up already. Stop using the you can get a custom guitar for that price. Majority of people that play wouldn't have a clue what theyd want completely in a guitar. Also if that buckethead guitar is pretty spot on to what you want why not buy it? Getting a custom similar to that would probably cost just as much if not more. A lot of you forget if you get a custom guitar that means pretty much every aspect of that guitar is done by hand. No cnc machine or any of that shit. You're looking at payin a lo more.

Just because it is made in a production line in decent size amounts doesn't mean it's going to be a shitty guitar. I'm sure most people that call Gibson out on shitty build quality pick up one or two gibsons if any at all and then go home to playing something that isn't even remotely close to the same specs. Too many people on this site are quick to hop on these stupid bandwagons of hating like a bunch of sheep without a clue.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Last edited by Crohny at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by Crohny
You're looking at payin a lo more.

Not really. I know of several luthiers that make customs starting from under $2000. And don't forget small custom luthiers don't have to pay ridiculously overpaid managers and stuff like that.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Quote by Zhuriel
Not really. I know of several luthiers that make customs starting from under $2000. And don't forget small custom luthiers don't have to pay ridiculously overpaid managers and stuff like that.

Starting is the key word. Run by a guitar that is the same specs and woods as that buckethead signature and see what he tells you price wise. It's not I
possible to get a custom for under 2000 but normally it's going to be pretty basic. Just because they don't answer to someone doesn't make it cheaper. If the guy is really good at what he does you'll pay for the skills.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
On the other hand you can get a CUSTOM, that is a hand-built guitar made to your exact specs, for less money so unless you really are stupid enough to be enamoured with the Gibson name there is no reason to buy it.

And anyone who would pay that much extra just for the Gibson name deserves to loose their money anyway.

Well if we are going to be talking about getting the same guitar for cheaper well then yes that's possible but so is buying any other guitar for over $2K you can probably get it done cheaper. So I don't understand why everyone has such a big hatred for the Gibson pricing when basically every other guitar is the same deal and yet no one mentions it whenever someone asks a question about them.
Quote by Crohny
retardation at it's finest. What makes you think buckethead had no say in this guitar? He uses it, it has his name on it. Oh and it's only been said that he had a hand in the design of the guitar.

Its all opinion, and did i say he had nothing to do with the design of the guitar? no... no i didn't. Its just when gibson releases a buckethead signature guitar, you would think they would model it after the guitar he used for years. Not on his most recent tour. You sir are the retard. People will buy it if they please, I just think they should have built it like his old les pauls. That is all. My opinion doesn't make me a retard.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Quote by azn_guitarist25
Well if we are going to be talking about getting the same guitar for cheaper well then yes that's possible but so is buying any other guitar for over $2K you can probably get it done cheaper. So I don't understand why everyone has such a big hatred for the Gibson pricing when basically every other guitar is the same deal and yet no one mentions it whenever someone asks a question about them.

its because people are misinformed and listen to some idiots on a message board about some shit with gibsons quality control which then stems into the guitars being shitty and then that brings into play the price. its just funny how people say gibson is shitty yet you see them a lot more than most high end brands. the way the human brain works is pretty scary sometimes.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Quote by Crohny
its because people are misinformed and listen to some idiots on a message board about some shit with gibsons quality control which then stems into the guitars being shitty and then that brings into play the price. its just funny how people say gibson is shitty yet you see them a lot more than most high end brands. the way the human brain works is pretty scary sometimes.

My friend bought a Les Paul and had to get a refret because a lot of them were slanted. That's unacceptable. Now at least my friend and I can speak for ourselves from experience.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by bingeandletgo
My friend bought a Les Paul and had to get a refret because a lot of them were slanted. That's unacceptable. Now at least my friend and I can speak for ourselves from experience.

ive seen an american strat that had the same issue and a PRS that had a couple slanted frets and some loose ones straight from the factory. gibson isnt the only company that ****s up. also, all your friend had to do was get in touch with gibson and they would have fixed or replaced it.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Quote by Crohny
ive seen an american strat that had the same issue and a PRS that had a couple slanted frets and some loose ones straight from the factory. gibson isnt the only company that ****s up. also, all your friend had to do was get in touch with gibson and they would have fixed or replaced it.

Or sent it back to the shop that your friend bought it from. There's no reason as to why you shouldn't of done that instead of spending money on the re-fret.
Quote by Crohny

I never said anything of the sort but I do know that you can get guitars of equal or better quality for the same price and some for much less. Just to reassure you; this isn't just some inexperienced UGer saying this, I have played a good few Gibson guitars and none of them impressed me anywhere near as much as my Ibanez 7 string, a couple of Fender Teles I've played and a couple of Schecters, ALL of which are cheaper new and much cheaper used.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I never said anything of the sort but I do know that you can get guitars of equal or better quality for the same price and some for much less. Just to reassure you; this isn't just some inexperienced UGer saying this, I have played a good few Gibson guitars and none of them impressed me anywhere near as much as my Ibanez 7 string, a couple of Fender Teles I've played and a couple of Schecters, ALL of which are cheaper new and much cheaper used.

Comparing Gibsons in general to the aforementioned guitars is kind of an apples to oranges comparison, my friend.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by Gibson V
Comparing Gibsons in general to the aforementioned guitars is kind of an apples to oranges comparison, my friend.

Feel, yes, build quality, no.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
i didn't realize it was a 27" scale. thats really really cool... i'll have to find one to try sometime. not going to pay the money for his sig guitar or anything, but it definitely is a cool design.

EDIT: and comparing gibsons to anything else doesn't seem too relevant unless the two guitars are designed with the same thoughts in mind. comparing an SG or a LP to a Telecaster Deluxe might be a fair fight, but comparing a Standard Telecaster to an SG is not. they were built with completely different styles and sounds in mind. just my thought. Gibson's QC has gotten a bit worse, but not a whole lot. i would gladly take any Gibson off the assembly line. yes, they've had trouble in the past, but people act like owning a Gibson is a crime and they should all be burned before being sent to distributors to cut off the threat. it's not quite that drastic. anyway, rant finished.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Feel, yes, build quality, no.

Then why should someone buy a tele when they want a Les Paul. Feel is a lot more important to people than quality. Not everyone's a nit-picky little prat who needs it perfect. Most people just want it to feel right.

My say on the sig, I don't like how it looks, but I'mnot going to be a critical bastard and say Gibson sucks for this.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
Then why should someone buy a tele when they want a Les Paul. Feel is a lot more important to people than quality. Not everyone's a nit-picky little prat who needs it perfect. Most people just want it to feel right.

My say on the sig, I don't like how it looks, but I'mnot going to be a critical bastard and say Gibson sucks for this.

Because Gibson aren't the only company who make Les Pauls?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

its personal preference. ive come across maybe 3 or 4 gibsons i was unhappy with. ever chance i get i play a gibson. they suit me well. build quality, tone, and playability. not other guitars feel 100 percent in my hands like a SG.

I've played other guitars in he same price range and more that where nice build quality, and felt good, but just not comfortable enough for me to spend the money. gibson does put out some shit guitars. that goes for any company though. youll always have a work that is going to slack.

if you arent impressed with them and youre not into that kind of guitar cool, but when people say gibson is a shitty company its just kind of ridiculous. gibson as a company is shitty. i dont support the company oen bit, but they can and do put out some great guitars.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT