Is there a way to make my tone tighter and more responisive without a pedal, just amp and guitar straight. If not, would a noise decimator, tube screamer, plus bbe maximizer do the job?
lower the gain and bass, touch up the mids and treble, and get an eq pedal. if that doesnt work, an OD pedal like the TS could help. what amp and guitar?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
lower the gain and bass, touch up the mids and treble, and get an eq pedal. if that doesnt work, an OD pedal like the TS could help. what amp and guitar?

from his profile:
Hagstrom: 1967 Viking Deluxe

Ibanez: S470

Peavy: 5150
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

ah yes...i forgot about that...

well then i can tell u from experience, slap an eq pedal in there....seriously....it works WONDERS. lower the res and bass a bit.

i usually keep my settings at around pregain-4.5, bass-7, mid-5, treble-6, res-6, pres-8, and a good mid scoop on an eq pedal in the fx loop. <-- great tight killswitch like tone.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
ah yes...i forgot about that...

well then i can tell u from experience, slap an eq pedal in there....seriously....it works WONDERS. lower the res and bass a bit.

i usually keep my settings at around pregain-4.5, bass-7, mid-5, treble-6, res-6, pres-8, and a good mid scoop on an eq pedal in the fx loop. <-- great tight killswitch like tone.

awesome. The settings already help a bit, I appreciate the help
oh 'undertaker' would you recommend deltalab pedals? I see you have one of their chorus pedals
What eq would you suggest? I have the same problem incidentally.
Metal? Jazz? Metal AND Jazz
Jackson DXMG
Jackson JS30RR
Peavey 5150 Combo 2x12(Loudest 2x12 ever)
Boss Noise Suppressor
CFH Wah
Jackson Demmelition King V(I wish)
well it depends if u want a subtle or extreme chorus. i was sold on the deltalab cause of how subtle it is. it can get pretty intense, but if u keep it mild, its wonderful (and cheap!). i can get a perfect machine head - imperium tone with it. it also really helps the cleans.

in short, yes.

edit: eq depends on how much money u have to blow. if ur just snatching one to see if it helps or not, the fishnchips is great. if u have some extra money and u know ur gonna keep it, mxr 108 10 band.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Jan 7, 2010,
Quote by flyingcheckmark
What eq would you suggest? I have the same problem incidentally.

eq pedal, or eq settings?
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
well it depends if u want a subtle or extreme chorus. i was sold on the deltalab cause of how subtle it is. it can get pretty intense, but if u keep it mild, its wonderful (and cheap!). i can get a perfect machine head - imperium tone with it. it also really helps the cleans.

in short, yes.

edit: eq depends on how much money u have to blow. if ur just snatching one to see if it helps or not, the fishnchips is great. if u have some extra money and u know ur gonna keep it, mxr 108 10 band.

sweet, sounds like a great pedal to invest in, especially for the price! I'll end up getting the MXR, I've been looking at it for a while