I bought a new neck for my bass and I wanted to put my old tuning pegs in but the holes in the headstock are a lot bigger. Is there anything I can do?
If they move around just a bit, then it won't be a problem. The retaining nuts and the tension on the strings will keep them in place. If there is a lot of movement, there is nothing you can do except have a good technician plug the tuner holes and then re-drill them to a smaller diameter to fit your new tuners.
if that doesnt work you need to get new tuners
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
I suggest new tuners. That's really your only option.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
If your really determined, cut 4 pieces of Hardwood Dowel, then, glue around the edges (wood glue), get wooden mallet and hammer it in.
If your lacquer is defiantly sealed well, wet the Dowel and it will expand (once in).

Quote by FatalGear41
If they move around just a bit, then it won't be a problem. The retaining nuts and the tension on the strings will keep them in place. If there is a lot of movement, there is nothing you can do except have a good technician plug the tuner holes and then re-drill them to a smaller diameter to fit your new tuners.

I'm pretty sure that if there is any movement within the tuning pegs, it will cause problems with tuning stability.
CEO - The Meme Store.
CEO - Moustache and Monocle.
Electronic Engineer - Dynamix Audio Engineering.

I enjoy rain. Rain noise is nice.

Caught in the Crossfire
British Post-Rock group.
http://www.facebook.com/CITCMusic
Dead Famous Records