I have a customized fender squire strat that I absolutly love... The only thing is, the pickups really aren't that great and I can't get the sound I want out of them.

I play mostly punk rock style music with my band, and this guitar is my main guitar when with my band. We play music like green day, the ramones, the sex pistols, the stooges and stuff like that...

What pickups can you recommend I get for my squire strat?
Also, is it okay if I change only one of the pickups, and if so, which position should I change (my guitar has a neck, middle, and bridge pickup)?
Well, what tone do you want, cause you should be able to get a close tone to lots of green day and ramones... unless you have a bad amp. What is your amp?
Trust me... It's my pickups, and either way I want new pickups for other reasons.
I play with a line 6 spider 3 amp... I know that it's not the amp, cause with all my other guitars I Can get the sound I want from them
Quote by guitargod127
Trust me... It's my pickups, and either way I want new pickups for other reasons.
I play with a line 6 spider 3 amp... I know that it's not the amp, cause with all my other guitars I Can get the sound I want from them

Its more than likely the amp.

However, if your other guitars have humbuckers, then this could be why. Try putting a stacked single coil which is essentially a humbucker.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ