hey gotta question for those of you who use or have used the new Home Share feature.

so i pirate music (ya big deal who doesnt?) and when i try to import a song into the new computer, i cant even click the import button. i heard that the new itunes makes it harder on ppl who steal music but is this true and is it the reason why i cant transfer my songs?
Quote by snipelfritz
I, for one, am far more interested in trying to suck my own dick.

Quote by rilakam
I can do it. I'm pretty flexible. I've done it once, it was pretty weird. When I came my stomach muscles felt like exploding so yeah... never doing that again.

I don't pirate music. You are ripping the artists off. What if people pirated your music?
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
not what i asked but ok thanks.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by rilakam
I can do it. I'm pretty flexible. I've done it once, it was pretty weird. When I came my stomach muscles felt like exploding so yeah... never doing that again.

Quote by guitarlord28
I don't pirate music. You are ripping the artists off. What if people pirated your music?

I'd be happy to have fans (I'm not in a local act or anything since I'm too young by the way)
Sorry man, just had to put my input in. Didn't mean to offend
A recent survey (not citing sources, it was in this month's Computer Music magazine) said that people who pirate music spend about $150/month (or year? idk) on legit music, while people who say they don't pirate only spend $80/same time frame.

Anyway, just downgrade to iTunes 8 if it's giving you trouble.

"According to a poll of 1008 people in the UK, those who illegally download music also spend 77 pounds per annum on legit releases, with just 44 pounds from self-professed non-pirates."

As a music industry student (will have my degree this year) I can totally agree that pirating isn't a bad thing, it just needs to be managed properly as opposed to abolished. There's a way to turn a profit from this stuff, and it's my job to figure it out!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jan 7, 2010,
Quote by guitarlord28
Sorry man, just had to put my input in. Didn't mean to offend

I;m not offended, I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. I actually agree with you, but if was MY music, I wouldn't mind as long as I had enough money to live.
Quote by slipknot5678
I;m not offended, I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. I actually agree with you, but if was MY music, I wouldn't mind as long as I had enough money to live.

he was talking to me i think
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by rilakam

Quote by slipknot5678

Even if NOBODY pirated your music, you won't make enough to live on. The only people who live off of their music are the ones who are SUPER famous (you have to make about 3-4 well-received records to start making a profit, advances are tricky business) or the people who live in complete squalor. Most musicians have jobs on the side to stay alive, or they're touring relentlessly hoping to pull a profit one day.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
...people who pirate music spend about $150/month (or year? idk) on legit music, while people who say they don't pirate only spend $80/same time frame.

this is interesting. why?
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by rilakam

Quote by Sid McCall
Even if NOBODY pirated your music, you won't make enough to live on. The only people who live off of their music are the ones who are SUPER famous (you have to make about 3-4 well-received records to start making a profit, advances are tricky business) or the people who live in complete squalor. Most musicians have jobs on the side to stay alive, or they're touring relentlessly hoping to pull a profit one day.

I meant with a side job.
^ Good man, I believe you! You have to have your priorities straight going into this business, it's sad but true.

Quote by 00guitarist00
this is interesting. why?

If I were to analyze it, I'd end up typing up like five paragraphs and at that rate I better be getting paid or graded! But seriously, as simply put as I can, I'd say it's because those people love music and appreciate it, and they listen to so much of it that they can't afford to buy it all, so they buy the stuff that they can. Whether they buy it because they feel compelled to because it makes them feel good on principle, or because the pants are unsigned and the cash goes directly to them, or because they only HAVE that much money, I don't really know. It was the most interesting piece of information I've come across on the subject in a long time.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
^ Good man, I believe you! You have to have your priorities straight going into this business, it's sad but true.

I want to be in a touring band one day, but not super famous. Just an underground band with a decent sized fanbase. And a side job in science because I would need more money and I'm interested in getting into that field.
Quote by slipknot5678
I want to be in a touring band one day, but not super famous. Just an underground band with a decent sized fanbase. And a side job in science because I would need more money and I'm interested in getting into that field.

I know a dude whos a dentist and plays in a band. He has two CDs out. They are pretty good. He doesn't tour extensively, just clubs and stuff
Quote by guitarlord28
I know a dude whos a dentist and plays in a band. He has two CDs out. They are pretty good. He doesn't tour extensively, just clubs and stuff

Basically like this, but tour around the world. For me the best would be for me to manage my own tours so I could spend time in each location. And being in an underground band is much more appealing than being in an overly famous mainstream band in my opinion.
Quote by slipknot5678
Basically like this, but tour around the world. For me the best would be for me to manage my own tours so I could spend time in each location. And being in an underground band is much more appealing than being in an overly famous mainstream band in my opinion.

You have a point. I want to be an instrumental guitarist. Which is more underground I think then bands.
Quote by guitarlord28

I'd be super glad people enjoy it enough to steal it. Now stop being a communist left wing hippie and get off my internetz