Hello Pit, I was looking into dropping out of school and thinking about getting my GED as I am deeply interested in music and would like to maximize my abilities. And by getting the GED I could just go to college wtihout living a life on the road trying to get a break. Obviously high school is a major road block for all this and I was wondering if anyone got there GED or knows anything about it. Also I do well in school about 3.5 GPA so its not as if Im dropping out due to inability.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Yeah....

Dropping out would be bad...

The fact that you're thinking about doing it makes me doubt your 3.5
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Do not drop out. At all. Trust me. It will be a decision you will regret very much. Just finish school and then continue your dream. That way you can get a decent job to pay for your gear, etc.

DO NOT DROP OUT
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Trust me, DO NOT drop out. I did and I have regretted it so much. School is more important than you may think. You have plenty of time for music later, but for now, focus on your education.
Quote by PSM
It sounds good, it plays great, it's cheap as hell, why not? I don't care if it's made out of cardboard as long as it does what I need it to.
Were i live you have to be sixteen to drop out.so from my prospective whats two more years??? It's hard right now to get a job with a 4 degree, WTF kind of job do you expect to get to pay for shit besides giging?
GO RAVENS!

Quote by Ssargentslayer
Waaaait....

Did you just say you can't rape?

2012 NFL Thread Mock Draft Champion
What does GED stand for? General Education Degree?
Don't drop out. Look outside your window. See all that? That's right, it's a shitty economy. You will never get any money nowadays without education. Stay in school.

/psa
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by guitarlord28
What does GED stand for? General Education Degree?

Good Enough Degree brah
Quote by mcjosh
Look outside your window. See all that? That's right, it's a shitty economy.

I looked out my window and saw snow
Well Im a sophomore now, but obviously I wouldnt until I am of age. Just because you want to drop out doesn't necessarily mean you do poorly in school.

@clindage: Did you get your GED or just drop out?

Because from what I've read 95% of colleges accept GED's
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
A GED wont get you into any sort of decent college. Just stay in school. I dont care if you do drugs.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by guitarlord28
I looked out my window and saw snow

That's the economy falling from the sky
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
That's the economy falling from the sky

Frick man, I'm getting a ton of economy. We just went over our snow day limit by 2 and counting
Your years in high school will teach you at least one of two invaluable skills - how to interact with other humans, and how to bullspit. Perfect either of those two skills, and you can get anywhere in the world.
Quote by Bassmastajazzyj
Well Im a sophomore now, but obviously I wouldnt until I am of age. Just because you want to drop out doesn't necessarily mean you do poorly in school.

@clindage: Did you get your GED or just drop out?

Because from what I've read 95% of colleges accept GED's

My situation was almost exactly like yours. I was a decent student, my GPA was around 3.5. I dropped out when I was 16 and ended up getting my GED.

A GED will NEVER be as good as a 4-year diploma. Hence me currently jobless and yet to be accepted to a college.

Just trust me, you will be better off finishing high school. You didn't spend 10 years of your life in school just to quit before the last two. Plus, high school years are suppose to be some of the best in your life, enjoy them man.
Quote by PSM
It sounds good, it plays great, it's cheap as hell, why not? I don't care if it's made out of cardboard as long as it does what I need it to.
Quote by guitarlord28
Frick man, I'm getting a ton of economy. We just went over our snow day limit by 2 and counting

My son couldn't go to school today or tomorrow because the wind chill is -23 and counting
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
My son couldn't go to school today or tomorrow because the wind chill is -23 and counting

Thats what it is here. We have -25 degrees and tons of wind and snow. Where do you live, the midwest?
Quote by clindage
My situation was almost exactly like yours. I was a decent student, my GPA was around 3.5. I dropped out when I was 16 and ended up getting my GED.

A GED will NEVER be as good as a 4-year diploma. Hence me currently jobless and yet to be accepted to a college.

Just trust me, you will be better off finishing high school. You didn't spend 10 years of your life in school just to quit before the last two. Plus, high school years are suppose to be some of the best in your life, enjoy them man.

Alright, thank you for your response.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Quote by guitarlord28
Thats what it is here. We have -25 degrees and tons of wind and snow. Where do you live, the midwest?

Yea, my friends in Cali are telling me how awesome it would be to see snow and I'm telling saying "fuck the snow"
You have over 10 different musicians telling you to stay in school. Two more years aren't going to ruin your musician's career.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Two more years of your life won't be the end of it. Employers and colleges will never look at you the same if you have a GED instead of a high school degree, even if your GPA was good they will still view you as lazy and will pick people with a lower GPA and a high school degree. I know it isn't fair, but that's how the world works and you shouldn't ruin your future because you want to be a musician, don't limit your possibilities.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.