Those chumps in the HT-5 thread think they own the best low wattage amp on the market.....

Lets show them that the tiny terror is a better amp than the HT-5 could ever be!!

This is to-
Encourage people to buy.
Discuss tones and mods.
Explain your rig and what you play through the TT.
Share photos.

UNITE!!!
mojostompboxes.com
I'm quite sure there is at least one huge thread on the tiny terror, as well as the orange thread itself.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I'm interested in picking up one of these. Someone describe me the sound? What kind of bands/genres are they good for? and is the 30watt dual channel one any better/different?
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
HT-5 has:

less volume
3 band EQ
voicing control
2 channels
FX loop

I could go on if you want? In short, we own
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by dcdossett65
I'm quite sure there is at least one huge thread on the tiny terror, as well as the orange thread itself.

This.

The TT blows anyway.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
This.

The TT blows anyway.

I can see this thread really taking off.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Let's perpetuate the continued hype of one of the most overrated amps EVER! I can't believe I was once considering buying one of these.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Needs moar 5khz. It's ok for doom metal but not much else. The best thing about it is that it inspired a range of 'lunchbox' amps, some of which are quite good.

Does anyone know any mods to get the presence up a bit?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by TOMMYB22
HT-5 has:

less volume
3 band EQ
voicing control
2 channels
FX loop

This.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
to be fair im a orange fan
but from what ive seen and heard the ht wins just coz of the features
its a bitter sweet symphony this life try to make ends meet your a slave to money then you die
Quote by FischmungaXTR
Needs moar 5khz. It's ok for doom metal but not much else. The best thing about it is that it inspired a range of 'lunchbox' amps, some of which are quite good.

Does anyone know any mods to get the presence up a bit?

did you just say the tiny terror was good for doom metal???
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
did you just say the tiny terror was good for doom metal???

And why isnt it?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

It's an awesome little amp. Why all the haters? It's great as an introduction to tube amps. Could do with an FX loop tho
Epi Explorer
Gibson SG special
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange 1x12 Cab
Korg pitchblack
Boss DD-5 delay
MXR 90 phaser
MXR Blue Box
Boss BD-2
Zak Wylde OD
LPB-1 Booster

Music is the source of happiness
Quote by miniscat
It's an awesome little amp. Why all the haters? It's great as an introduction to tube amps. Could do with an FX loop tho

Because its a $600 intro to tube amps, when there are better amps for $200-$300.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i love orange amps, but the TT is overhyped

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by tubetime86
Because its a $600 intro to tube amps, when there are better amps for $200-$300.

It was a good amp when it came out, but now the competition has got much better. Which is a good thing I suppose. A year or 2 ago the only small cheap valve amps were the Tiny terror and the Epiphone Valve junior.

Quote by SwampAshSpecial
the Tiny Terror lacks the gain and tightness that is needed for any type of metal - even with a boost the metal tones are at best mediocre.

Have you ever listened to doom metal? tightness isn't really a requirement. And the TT does have enough gain for almost anything really, just nowhere near enough treble & upper mids, even when running it through vintage 30s!

also, if you listen to the clip on my profile, it sounds fairly tight (ok not like a 'proper' metal amp, but its better than most similar amps)
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Quote by miniscat

Because it doesn't have the tightness or gain to do very much in the metal department and the dark tone of the circuit makes crunch mediocre as well.

Plus it's PCB city for $600. That's a hell no for me since it makes maintenance a nightmare.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by FischmungaXTR
It was a good amp when it came out, but now the competition has got much better. Which is a good thing I suppose. A year or 2 ago the only small cheap valve amps were the Tiny terror and the Epiphone Valve junior.

Have you ever listened to doom metal? tightness isn't really a requirement. And the TT does have enough gain for almost anything really, just nowhere near enough treble & upper mids, even when running it through vintage 30s!

also, if you listen to the clip on my profile, it sounds fairly tight (ok not like a 'proper' metal amp, but its better than most similar amps)

wow! nice clips dude! How the hell did you get that out of a tiny terror?
Just did this, it pretty much nails the rust in peace tone:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/FischmungaXTR/music/covers/

I apologise in advance for the terribly poor playing - i recently switched to .10s which didnt help (thats my only excuse )

First clip was done with an EQ and took hours to get.

This one I just did with an OD pedal, treble up full, tone nearly full on amp. SM57 off axis near centre of cone. Im quite surprised myself - never been able to get that crunchy high end before.
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Last edited by FischmungaXTR at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by TOMMYB22
HT-5 has:

less volume
3 band EQ
voicing control
2 channels
FX loop

yup pretty much
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by stuartstratford
to be fair im a orange fan
but from what ive seen and heard the ht wins just coz of the features

it also wins in number of solid state op amp stages before and after the first tube stage.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam