all jokes about sagging belts, dirty t shirts and your ass crack hanging out, how many of you guys make a living as a plumber? I want to own and operate my own recording studio as a career but that takes money and a steady day job, i was considering becoming a plumber because

- its a recession proof field, people always need gas and have to poop
- They make pretty good money
- Can get into a union

If you are how did you get into the position? Im only 18 so i would be starting young
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Not me.

I also have some concern for you, as you aspire to be a plumber at 18.
Quote by Ace88
Forgive me, O bastion of ear tuning. My stringeth be old, my tuning be quick; hopefully one day your string will snap you in the dick.
Last edited by voteforpedro36 at Jan 8, 2010,
My gf daddy is a contractor, and his plumber paid his moto cash.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
hes no lying.

i got paid 60 bucks a day for working for 4 hours and i got free lunch.
Classical Guitarist
im an electrician, its better. Its a bit more dangerous, but it pays better
1. go to electrician school
2. get electrician license
3. ??????
4. PROFIT!!!!

also keep in mind, a lot of people are willing to do a lot of plumbing on their own house, a lot of people wouldn't go near electricity.
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Last edited by glam rocker at Jan 8, 2010,
you need to go to trade school and do an apprenticeship usually, it is pretty good money, especially if you work nights and weekends.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I don't know about plumbing, but I make a pretty good living laying pipe. SHA-ZING!!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
trades are great to get into. quick learning and qualifications, good cash, and usually good demand.

great way to make a foundation for a good living or perhaps setting yourself upto go back to school, or start up a business.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by glam rocker
im an electrician, its better. Its a bit more dangerous, but it pays better
1. go to electrician school
2. get electrician license
3. ??????
4. PROFIT!!!!

also keep in mind, a lot of people are willing to do a lot of plumbing on their own house, a lot of people wouldn't go near electricity.

This. I know I'd rather get shocked than have poop explode in my face when a pipe bursts.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by slash4114
This. I know I'd rather get shocked than have poop explode in my face when a pipe bursts.

except if you got shocked, im pretty sure theres a good chance you'd die
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by frozen_soul

but you can get some pretty lethal diseases from human feces as well...
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
but you can get some pretty lethal diseases from human feces as well...

how many people die from getting shit on their pants vs how many people die from getting electrocuted
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by frozen_soul

no not really, unless you're dealing with high voltage which would take good experience before you're ready to tackle something that big.

most common household shocks barely even sting. and of course theres always a lot of safety in this job, and you wont get shocked unless you're grounded
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Quote by frozen_soul

The majority of people would rather die than speak in public.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people would rather die than get sprayed in the face with taco diarrhea.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
The majority of people would rather die than speak in public.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people would rather die than get sprayed in the face with taco diarrhea.

dont get me wrong, id much rather be an electrician than a plumber, im pretty sure im just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point
Quote by Marshmelllow

My mom's currently in school for piping engineering... takes a little more time but will outdo anything you get as a plumber (job security isn't as great though) and isn't too incredibly hard to get into.
I've got a mate who's dad is a plumber and it sounds like a pretty decent job as long as you don't mind getting a bit dirty on occasion. It pays like crazy too.