Page 1 of 4
i need these to convince my friend not to join. was thinkin maybe a song. but can you help meout here? or other ideas.. just w/e ty!
Make them watch Jarhead, tell them it'll be like that.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Oh god.

Write him a song about "camel spiders."

edit: You should be proud of him, or at least be supportive. He's doing what he thinks is right.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jan 8, 2010,
Going into battle and getting pushed around by ur superiors. Those are the only bad things honestly. Apart from that, it's actually pretty good.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
"Accelerate your life."
That's what their motto is.

"Accelerate your life - right to the end."
That's what the motto should look like.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
"Accelerate your life."
That's what their motto is.

"Accelerate your life - right to the end."
That's what the motto should look like.

that's actually the navy but that's good nonetheless.
Go Veg.
PTSD
Hairy Middle Eastern women
Death
Not getting into heaven (if hes religious like that)
Injuries, what if he lost his manhood over there by stepping on a bomb or getting shot in the nads?
This war blows, wait til there's one worth fighting
That he will not have the benefits he will expect when he returns, some vets, like prisoners returning to society, have to start from the bottom all over again
His girl is gonna cheat on him
Desensitivity toward human emotion
Its hot as shit over there
Shower + Dick + Bumhole.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Missing all the fun of going to college as an 18 year old fresh out of high school? Yeah marines can no doubt land some women, but I think it would be better to live in the super-condensed sex concoction that is university life for four years.
Quote by im not mental
that's actually the navy but that's good nonetheless.

Ah crap. I thought it sounded fishy... Oh well. I still think it's funny...
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
How about "You can do whatever you want and I won't stop you, but if you wanna know my opinion, I don't think you should do this. However, if you do, I hope that the United States and all of it's citizens understands the choice you're making and how important it is. If you go, thank you so much, you're a patriot."
The playground of the world
Quote by TV-Casualty
don't be a prick. show some respect for your friend and support his decision.

Compassionate people confront their friends when they feel they're making a bad major decision. I'm not saying that joining the marines necessarily is that, but the TS thinks so and so there's nothing prick-like about dissuading his pal.

If you're not willing to tell your buddy when he's doing something stupid, you're not a very good friend.
Dude
it's his/her choice
fukk off

he/she has the balls/ovaries to do this

it's none of your business

if you're a real friend, you'll support their decision
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by blackthought
If he joins the Marines, he might lose his virginity. That would be awful.

to a man it would
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by WinterEagle5
she's a girl.

my point still stands.
Unless it's me that does the deed.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by WinterEagle5
^She's still deciding. i do support her, i just wanna try n get her not to

She? Nevermind what I said earlier, get that womans outta my militarah!

But seriously, you come across as kind of, well, too stupid to know enough about the topic at hand. If you can't think of enough reasons why she shouldn't join, then why don't you want her too?
watch avatar.

jake sully was a marine, he turned into a blue person. tell him to join the marines if he wants to become a blue person.

>_>
Quote by GaijinFoot
my point still stands.
Unless it's me that does the deed.

been done horndog.
Rape is very high for women in the military...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
hero of war by rise agaisnt. it may offened him though. if your so worried about it just join with him.
WASHINGTON — More people came forward to report sexual assaults in the military last year, but a significant percentage wouldn't give crucial details needed for an investigation.

The Pentagon said it received 2,923 reports of sexual assault across the military in the 12 months ending Sept. 30 2008. That's about a 9 percent increase over the totals reported the year before, but only a fraction of the crimes presumably being committed.

Among the cases reported, only a small number went to military courts, officials acknowledged.

The Pentagon office that collects the data estimates that only 10 percent to 20 percent of sexual assaults among members of the active duty military are reported _ a figure similar to estimates of reported cases in the civilian sphere.

The military statistics, required by Congress, cover rape and other assaults across the approximately 1.4 million people in uniform.

Kaye Whitley, director of the Pentagon's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office, said most victims are women, most cases involve young people and alcohol is often involved.

The yearly increase in reports is more likely due to larger numbers of victims being willing to come forward than to an overall increase in sexual violence, Whitley said.

That increase includes a jump in cases from combat zones in Iraq and Afghanistan, to 165 from 131 the year before.

Congresswoman Jane Harman, a congressional critic of the military's handling of sexual violence, said the statistics show the problem is still rampant.

"While the report shows modest improvement, we're far from Mission Accomplished," the California Democrat said in a statement. "Military women are more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire in Iraq."

The latest figures include 2,280 cases in which a victim provided full accounts and physical evidence when possible, and 643 in which a victim sought care or made a report but refused to provide all the information necessary to pursue an investigation.

The Defense Department allows those limited reports on the theory that it encourages victims to at least seek care when they might otherwise keep silent.

Prosecution is slow and large numbers of cases are thrown out or dropped.

The most recent figures, which include cases left open from previous years, show that only 317 cases were referred for courts-martial, or military trials. Another 247 were referred for nonjudicial punishment.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Why! If he wants to join the military let him. I understand if your worried ts but if your friend can make it in the marines he will be fine.

Edit

Oh your friends a girl. Then don't worry she won't be able to go into battle. At least that's what I think the rule is.
Team Coco
Last edited by seanfysco at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by TV-Casualty
don't be a prick. show some respect for your friend and support his decision.

Quote by diofan88
Dude
it's his/her choice
fukk off

he/she has the balls/ovaries to do this

it's none of your business

if you're a real friend, you'll support their decision

so if your friend wanted to kill someone or commit suicide or some other thing that may not necessarily be in anyone's best interest, you would be considered a prick to try to dissuade them to do otherwise?

EDIT:
oh and i know how you feel man, my girlfriend has been talking about joining the navy for the past month, as what she calls an 'easy' alternative to college.
Last edited by sprkidjar at Jan 8, 2010,
TS isn't worried that his friend might get hurt... to me it seems like he's got special feelings for her and is afraid of losing her mainly.

That's my guess...

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
TS isn't worried that his friend might get hurt... to me it seems like he's got special feelings for her and is afraid of losing her mainly.

That's my guess...

both actually. sad to admit the selfishness part to but it's 50% of why. But I am horrified of her getting hurt ever. One man hurt her, but she wouldn't tell me which it was because I would've murdered him.
Page 1 of 4