I've been thinking about replacing the stock black tolex over particle board frame with something a bit more classy, like walnut or another dark wood. Would there be any problems with the wood warping/sagging over time, and if there is, are there any known remedies for this? I'm planning on possibly spraying some sort of clearcoat to prevent this from happening. I've never really done something like this, but a build like this seems pretty straight forward.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
The wood will be fine as long as you finish it properly. Flamed maple should be pretty easy to find and you can stain it any colour you want. IMO it would look better than just plain walnut.
Well, I'm looking for something "not flashy", you know? Simple grain pattern, dark color to it. I know I could just stain whatever wood to get it dark, but I just need something plain.

And what exactly would be considered a proper finish?
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
bumpage
Quote by Natrone

Quote by mystique facade

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares