Page 1 of 5
http://www.infobarrel.com/Will_The_World_End_In_2012%3F

Before you say anything about 2012 being total bullshiz, read this article. Can anyone of you guys provide links to something on these natural disasters.

I already know about the bee one, and that's cause for concern. Anyone else?

EDIT: I'm kind of worried about that Pole Shift thing

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Last edited by thanksgiving at Jan 8, 2010,
2010 is a hoax. We're actually still in the 80's.

She's just a smalltown giiiirl....
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
no actually the mayans just got bored making their calendar and said "**** it, we're stopping at this random day (december 12, 2012)."
Go Veg.
So I see you believe everything you read on the internet.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
the poles have shifted plenty of times already, we never know it though, and it doesn't cause anything to change. the thought that 2012 is the end of the world is retarded as well as anyone who believes it...

secondly, the prediction of demeber 21st (or whatever date it is, i forget exactly) 2012 is based on the mayan calendar which doesn't say the world will end, it simple stops at that date.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by neopowell
2010 is a hoax. We're actually still in the 80's.

She's just a smalltown giiiirl....

Not now son.

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by SPBY
secondly, the prediction of demeber 21st (or whatever date it is, i forget exactly) 2012 is based on the mayan calendar which doesn't say the world will end, it simple stops at that date.

because they finally realized what a waste of time it was to make a calendar for a time when they would be a couple thousand years dead.
Quote by btones
all calenders end... That's why you gotta go get a new one.

And personally I'd like to get one with a dairy cow theme this time. Lighthouses kind of got dull quickly.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Another thing to consider when trying to decide if the world will end in 2012 is the Chinese Book of Change, commonly called the I Ching. Considered to be the oldest book in the world, the I Ching images are associated with numbers. You know how it goes, mathematics are the universal language. Well, some mathematical geniuses have claimed to have “cracked the code” in the book. They claim the book accurately predicts virtually every catastrophe that has ever taken place. Since the book’s early days, it has been believed that it is capable of predicting the future. Will the world end in 2012? There are plenty of other things to consider.

So? It never says this book predicts the end of the world, it just says it exists. How is that relevant to anything?

"There's this book that's predicted every catastrophe ever, therefore the world will end in 2012."

I think if any of this had any real merit, you'd have heard about it from a source a bit more reliable than some badly written blog I've never heard of.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
And personally I'd like to get one with a dairy cow theme this time. Lighthouses kind of got dull quickly.

Why not get the Kittens edition?
Yeah but what about the polar shifts or that volcano?

Sources?

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by SPBY

The 13th long count calender stops then.

There's still the 14th (ending March 24th 2407) through to the 20th (ending October 13th 4772) to go.
Despite the publicity generated by the 2012 date, Susan Milbrath, curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, stated that "We [the archaeological community] have no record or knowledge that [the Maya] would think the world would come to an end" in 2012. "For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday event or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in." "There will be another cycle," says E. Wyllys Andrews V, director of the Tulane University Middle American Research Institute (MARI). "We know the Maya thought there was one before this, and that implies they were comfortable with the idea of another one after this."
People are treating the movie 2012 as a documentary.
"hur duh, In 2013 I'll watch 2012 and laugh"
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
That article sounds not only provides no sources to prove any of its claims, the manner in which it was written sounds like a 13 year old explaining it at the lunch table to his friends.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by btones
Why not get the Kittens edition?

Oh, how cliché!

Sucks for the class of 2013, that's for sure.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
It's all bollocks. I'll believe in 2012 as soon as Jesus wakes me up in the middle of night and flies me to neverland.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Oh, how cliché!

Yeah but here's the kicker

You ready?

They're wearing clothes like people!
Quote by thanksgiving
Not now son.

I've lived through numerous 'OMG ITZ THE END OF THE WORLD!!!' periods and I'm still here. I'm not worried.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Mayan calendar actually does say that it will end, sort of. It says that it will be reborn, back to square one, replaced with a new one.

Now, the date of December 21st, 2012 is when the sun, earth, and center of the galaxy are all in alignment with eachother. Also, I believe there is a solar eclipse somewhere on that day (not to sure about that one)

How did the mayans know of the center of the galaxy? They didn't. If you look at the milky way from earth, it looks like this

If you look, it looks like three bands, two white and a black one in the middle. As it turns out, in the center of the black one in the middle is the center of the galaxy. On december 21st, the sun will rise straight through the middle of the middle band. That only happens once in whatever amount of years (can't remember, but its a long time). So the mayans perceived this was significant because it doesn't happen often, and they calculated that it would happen on December 21st, 2012, which it does.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
That article sounds not only provides no sources to prove any of its claims, the manner in which it was written sounds like a 13 year old explaining it at the lunch table to his friends.

Will the world end in 2012? Before you decide, here are some things to consider.

Before you decide if the world will end in 2012, think about the Mayans. They were smart. Will the world end in 2012?

Here's something else to consider before you decide if the world will end in 2012. We're running out of bees. Is the doomsday prophecy true? Will the world end in 2012?

When you try to decide if the world will end in 2012, you should know that there are earthquakes at Yellowstone National Park. Will the world really end in 2012?
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
South and North make a swap. Many smart folk, including Einstein years ago say it is actually going to happen. Could this account for the climate changes going on? Many scientists state it’s inevitable. In fact, it’s been said that it’s thousands of years overdue. Basically, the earth stops spinning, and changes the direction of it’s rotation.

That's not what the south-north swap means! It means the magnetic poles of the earth change their alignment, not that the fucking planet stops fucking spinning!!!
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I would just like to point out that if anyone does decide to believe that the Mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012 they should also consider this amazing fact:

The Mayans were terrible at predictions, they failed to predict the end of their civilisation, now how can you trust a dead civilisation who didn't even see it coming?
EDIT: ^

Quote by freighttrain
I would just like to point out that if anyone does decide to believe that the Mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012 they should also consider this amazing fact:

The Mayans were terrible at predictions, they failed to predict the end of their civilisation

They actually did predict that.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
will the bookies let me bet that the world wont end in 2012?
if it does i wont care cause ill be dead, if it doesn't ill win some money

Odds are, people are gonna start getting really worried when december 2012 comes around, and society will pretty much collapse.

Bam. End of the world.

On a related note, i swear were getting early signs of it. Today, we had both a fire alarm (real thing, not a drill) and a 4.2 magnitude earthquake within an hour of each other.
Quote by sporkman7
Odds are, people are gonna start getting really worried when december 2012 comes around, and society will pretty much collapse.

How ironic would that be?
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by neopowell

That's not what the south-north swap means! It means the magnetic poles of the earth change their alignment, not that the fucking planet stops fucking spinning!!!

Source?

Quote by btones

WHERE ARE ALL THE BEES?!

You stole that from Cracked.

Effort: Fail
Originality: Fail
Sense of Humour: Epic

Good use of the joke, but next time make your own.

That's all from me.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
Source?

You stole that from Cracked.

Effort: Fail
Originality: Fail
Sense of Humour: Epic

That's all from me.

Oh shit, I've been had
Quote by Thanksgiving

While we're at it, doesn't that describe every meme ever?
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Basically, the earth stops spinning, and changes the direction of it’s rotation.

Sorry. I can't take that site seriously if they are going claim things as silly as that.
Quote by thanksgiving
Source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

There's a Wiki, because I don't have access to ATHENS since I left uni, but it's pretty basic science. A change in the earth's rotation has never been put forward as a legitimate theory for geomagnetic reversal. I don't think a change in the earth's rotation has ever been put forward as a legitimate theory at all.

Basically, this article is suggesting that the entire planet could stop spinning and spontaneously start up again. I'd love to see a source that proves that to be possible.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I'll bet $50 000 that the world WILL end in 2012. When it does end, I'll give you all 2013 to give me the money.

If it doesn't end though, I'll remove my bet.
Page 1 of 5