First of all, this page is just great. The problem I have when I tab is that I cant figure out what chord it is. I make something up and just write what I mean in the beggining of the tab like this:

Cadd9/A: x02030

I know how to take Cadd9 and just use that chord to write the chord above. But I dont know if its right and I cant find any page that can name that chord for me. I know I have to learn by myself but I dont know how.

Now I ask u guys for help. Do you know any program, homepage or any online lessons so that I can learn how to name chords like this above right?

I hope I havnt broke any forumrules. If so, please write what is wrong and I correct it asap.

And again, thx for this awesome site with these awesome, helping people.

Best wishes // Jonas
Write it out note for note
A E G D E

There's no C so it doesn't quite make sense to call it a C chord of some kind

An A chord is good cause it has the Root A and the E is a perfect fifth.

It doesn't have a C of any kind so you can't tell if it's a major or minor chord. Instead it has a D which makes it an Asus4.

The G is a minor seventh above A so then we have an A7sus4 chord also written as A7sus.

EDIT: Sorry that doesn't really teach you how to find the names for chords on your own.
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Jan 8, 2010,
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Oh Damn. Nice. Thx for your help. That site was awesome JudgeDrey! Just that kind of page I was looking for. That page will not inspire me to learn about musictheory but for now its just what I want.

Thx for the help guys. I will check out the page Chaos Nil.
As far as just looking them up (which *is* rather easy) you can use Guitar Pro (5). I just load it up and check it out and works fine for me and everything. Especially when I'm not around internet.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘