Hey guys (hope ur havin fun in the snow!)

im going to start using amplifier software (amplitube, guitar rig etc...), but i need some help on USB interfaces/sound cards

how will this sound card work & is it compatible with the amplitube metal : http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=399346&CatId=403

AND is it better than this interface: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GUITAR-USB-2-PC-INTERFACE-CABLE-LINK-AUDIO-RECORDING-UK_W0QQitemZ270503791684QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMidi_Controllers?hash=item3efb484c44

thanks for the help
They're both dreadfull.

Get an EMU 0202 or an ESI UGM96 or an maudio fast track - something at least entry-level decent.
Quote by Shakespeare
The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted.
Im a noob when it comes to this stuff, so i mite need some better understanding lol

why is it dreadful :S

and could u post some links on stuff thats under 50 quid
Because they sound like ass and the inputs and build are very poor quality.

The stuff that I mentioned isnt very good either, but its at least good enough.

You want a unit that has a good quality DI and dacs, low latency and stable drivers.

To put that in perspective price wise, this is pretty much the industry standard DI box

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/25109-radial-engineering-j48.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base

And thats just the DI box.

Trust me, the stuff I mentioned is as cheap as its gonna get and still deliver OK sound and reliability.
Quote by Shakespeare
The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted.
That interface i posted (the ebay one)

would it work with amplitube? and how? (im not buying it, im just askin)
I recommend buying this http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/39054-line-6-pod-studio-gx-usb-recording-interface-.html. With this you have the option of using the given plugins (which are awesome), plus the option Guitar Rig 4, Amplitube, Peavey Revavler etc (assuming you have them).
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Yea i have looked at that and considering

could u answer a question posted before...

Quote by bassman434
Yea i have looked at that and considering

could u answer a question posted before...

Well theoretically it should work. But the problem with a lot of 'cheap' usb interfaces is latency. Basically when too much latency exists you don't hear the guitar real time...to put in simple terms, when pluck a string you don't hear the sound right away and that is horrible...trust me i've had that problem and there is no way you can play guitar with it. So instead of buying something you can't really try, i recommend buying something tested and proven.
Quote by the_wayward_one
Well theoretically it should work. But the problem with a lot of 'cheap' usb interfaces is latency. Basically when too much latency exists you don't hear the guitar real time...to put in simple terms, when pluck a string you don't hear the sound right away and that is horrible...trust me i've had that problem and there is no way you can play guitar with it. So instead of buying something you can't really try, i recommend buying something tested and proven.

hmm

thanks for the help

i was the behringer guitar link (it looks exactly like the ebay one, but in white and has a behringer sticker on it)

and sum guy on utube, fixed the latency on his version of guitar rig

is that effective :S?
i used an m-audio fast track usb before but he gave me lots of problems so i upgraded to a tascam us144-mk2 and never had any kind of problem so far...

amazing for 150e
Can the Line 6 POD Studio GX be used with guitar rig/amplitube?

and how?

EDIT: Can this also record?

sorry for questions, thanks in advance!
Last edited by bassman434 at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by bassman434
Can the Line 6 POD Studio GX be used with guitar rig/amplitube?

and how?

EDIT: Can this also record?

sorry for questions, thanks in advance!

Yeah I actually considered getting the Behringer because it was so cheap but i just ended up buying Guitar Rig 4 Mobile.

Yes it can be used. When you connect the Line 6 Pod it shows up on your pc as an USB audio interface/soundcard...you then go to your Guitar Rig settings and you should be able to choose the Line 6 interface as your default interface.
Read the first review here..some guy uses it with Amplitube and Guitar Rig 3 http://www.amazon.com/Line-6-POD-Studio-GX/dp/B001EHWD0I
Ahh

thanks SOO much for your help

ive seen it for £65 and i reckon ill get it in a few weeks time

again

thanks a lot
The line 6 interfaces are tollerable.

Its not just latency by a LONG way. I have an ESI UGM96 on my laptop in the lounge, running a 128bit buffer and a fireface 800 on my main rig running a 128 bit buffer. Both have less than 5ms in and out, but the ESI has less (about 3ms).

Look up those cards.

The fireface is VASTLY superior in quality of sound in general and inputs and outputs.

But anyway, you should get on OK with the line 6

And you can run VSTs on any interface that has a hi-z di (it may be referred to as an instrument input or dedicated guitar input).

Really you should use a DI box.

And please never ever buy anything made by behringer.
Quote by Shakespeare