This morning...and possibly every friday morning...I've got a problem. Which guitar should I bring to Jazzband? I have a cherry red ES-335, and a worn Sunburst Maple Neck Strat. I like the feel of the ES-335, but the sound is a little too Rock n' roll-ish, and the strat has great looks, plays nice, but the pickups are a little weak for the style I play. I play SRV and Eric Clapton style Blues, with lots of other influences from the old blues. I have a 65W fender frontman amplifier with a 12" speaker. I have used the ES-335 for Concert Band until christmas, when I got my Strat.
Quote by willwelsh816
This morning...and possibly every friday morning...I've got a problem. Which guitar should I bring to Jazzband? I have a cherry red ES-335, and a worn Sunburst Maple Neck Strat. I like the feel of the ES-335, but the sound is a little too Rock n' roll-ish, and the strat has great looks, plays nice, but the pickups are a little weak for the style I play. I play SRV and Eric Clapton style Blues, with lots of other influences from the old blues. I have a 65W fender frontman amplifier with a 12" speaker. I have used the ES-335 for Concert Band until christmas, when I got my Strat.

Go with the DOT, Jazz guitarists used semi-hollows.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
to get a more jazzy tone from the DOT you should try the neck pickup if you havent.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
i do use that, i'm acually a big wes montgomery fan. I belive I'll go with the dot
I'd go with the dot.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Def the DOT.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
bring the DOT, which isnt a gibson es-335
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Dot, for sure. Strats are really just too bright and cutting for Jazz, IMO.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.