Ordered just before new year, got the call from Allans Music today telling me it was in.
Orange Thunderverb 50 head and PPC412 straight cab. I had a Rockerverb 50 before, and the dark character of the amp (6L6's) annoyed me immensely. Enter Thunderverb. EL34's make ALL the difference. The crunch and "tightness" I craved from the RV are abundant in the TV. For those that don't know, thanks to ETR technology, the amp is compatible with basses, and though I'm not a bassist, My 69' Fender Competition Mustang sounds AMAZING. Because of this technology, as you would probably imagine, the low-end produced is fantastic, making it ideal for drop-tunings and I'd imagine 7-stringers.

I would describe the cleans on channel A as warm and full, as opposed to channel B's cleans being "pickier" and I'd imagine more "Fender-esque". As for od/distortion, Channel A id definitely the way to go for that British classic crunch, all the way up to harder classic rock. Say from AC/DC to the Gunners & The Darkness. As for channel B- definitely a modern edge. Arrivaderci 3-band eq, hello interactive shape knob. Left scoops the mids, increases the bass and treble, right does the opposite and boosts the mids. As I previosly mentioned, my Thunderverb has that "tightness" I missed in the Rockerverb.

In terms of metal, Metallica is definitely there, I don't care what other people say. Any harder than that and you may want and OD. Luckily, metal head I ain't.
Extremely versatile amplifier, amazingly transparent fx loop, foot-swithchable channel/reverb/attenuator (which is amazing by the way). The sustain it has is amazing. Think Santana leads..

The PPC412 (quad Vintage 30's) perfectly complement the amp. This really is a rad amp, and I'm really psyched. Before I pulled the trigger, other amps I tried, and didn't like as much (obviously): Marshall Plexi, JCM900, JCM800, JVM410h, and Vintage Modern.

Ok, ima go play now

K.

Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Doesn't it hurt the speakers when you play a bass through it?

That is really cool. Sweet.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch