Page 1 of 5
Im not bashing screamo bands but wtf! Id say about 80% of the bands I go see the music will start Im hell yeah this sounds awesome then the singers opens his mouth BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! RURURUJEJAEDFEJE. I cant understand a damn thing half of them say and its mostly yelling. It kills the music for me. I dont mind the yelling but when yo ucant understand anything whats the point. Why are so many bands just yelling and sceaming thinking it sounds good? Has everyone gone tone deaf? You can have heavy music with someone that can actually sing last time I checked. Most of the "singing" I hear anymore sounds more like some wild animal getn skined alive. Guess Im just old school and like real vocals not throat noises.
if it ruins music for you then dont go to see them/listen to them, pretty obvious really
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Just cause you don't like them doesn't make them any less "real". It's a matter of taste. I like growled vocals (not the Core-ish screams though) but I also appreciate (some) clean vocals, I'm just more picky with cleans.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Yeah I totally agree. Bring Me The Horizon are just funny to listen to because it's so bad.
Quote by firestarter12
does any1 know where I can get a fender les paul? i always only see 1 or the other but i want one thats both.

There are tons of bands who can do hybrid vocals, Christian Alvestam from Scar Symmetry can do growls and he has technique with his cleans. What's wrong with wanting added aggression in music? Music doesn't have to have singing in it, or instrumentals wouldn't exist. There are no "real" vocals. Music itself wouldnt exist if you had to put vocals in every little instrumental. You can't understand shit in Opera most of the time, some people can barely understand Eddie Vedder even though he plays rock and doesn't do growls or Extreme Music screams, etc. It does sound good, maybe not to you but to others, it's for people who like the added aggression, it fits the musical environment.

Just listen to something else.
Last edited by Disarmonia at Jan 8, 2010,
why the **** would you listen to music you don't like?

If you're into Jonas Brothers, don't go to a metal concert. Simple really. It doesn't take a ****in rocket scientist to figure it out.
It is pretty lame.. especially when you look up some of the lyrics online youre like "WTF??!?!?"
Quote by Don't Stop
Put a piece of tape on the headstock and write "Gibson" on it.
If done properly, this should quadruple your sustain.

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
Holy opinion batman.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
okay mr. anti-screamo/metal elitist.

oh, and you're being so stereotypical it's disgusting
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Yeah I hate screaming too. I feel bad for good musicians who spend years getting good at their instrument of choice just to have a lead singer getting all the credit for sounding like a chain smoker. I think it pretty much debases vocals even more than autotune. I think the only guy who can pull it off is the guy from Devil Wears Prada. And I don't need anyone posting that "I just havent heard some of the good ones". I have heard these "good" ones, they dont make the cut imo.
It is pretty lame.. especially when you look up some of the lyrics online youre like "WTF??!?!?"

maybe there's a correlation between how they felt writing it and why they screamed it... some shit just isn't right when you sing it.
Quote by sticky5fingaz
Yeah I hate screaming too. I feel bad for good musicians who spend years getting good at their instrument of choice just to have a lead singer getting all the credit for sounding like a chain smoker. I think it pretty much debases vocals even more than autotune. I think the only guy who can pull it off is the guy from Devil Wears Prada. And I don't need anyone posting that "I just havent heard some of the good ones". I have heard these "good" ones, they dont make the cut imo.

why feel bad when it's their choice, they could quit if they want
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Ya, and get them damn kid's with the skateboards off the sidewalks! derp derp deerp
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by sticky5fingaz

Getting good at screaming does take skill you know. Surely the same could be said about people who can just naturally sing well? They get loads of credit when they might not have done much to be able to sing.
So we push forward

Last.fm
Quote by sticky5fingaz
think the only guy who can pull it off is the guy from Devil Wears Prada.

it's not that you haven't heard the good ones, it's that you might be deaf.

that dude has one of the THE WORST voices i've heard in my life screaming or non-screaming
Quote by asator

Quote by archangels666
I agree completely. I hear a lot of awesome music on YouTube, only to be let down when all that comes out vocally is GGGGRRRRRRRAOOOOOOWWWWRRRRR!"

Although it's all just a matter of opinion.

Don't knock it simply because you don't understand shyriiwook.
Quote by sticky5fingaz
I think the only guy who can pull it off is the guy from Devil Wears Prada.

Have you heard Protest The Hero?, Didnt think so.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by sticky5fingaz

Wait...you say you have heard "good" ones but then you say The Devil Wears Prada is the only group who can pull it off?

Are you on crack?
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Quote by blankoff

your guys' standards are dispicably low
Quote by asator

Quote by lespaul1216

I wouldn't go insulting anybody's music taste on here when you have a BFMV avatar.
So we push forward

Last.fm
I guess I don't understand why they bother writing lyrics if you can't understand them in the first place
Quote by ride-the-spiral
I wouldn't go insulting anybody's music taste on here when you have a BFMV avatar.

well played, but then again i have a KISS avatar
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
EDIT: ^I can't decide if that's worse or not...

Quote by lespaul1216

personally, I think Rody Walker is fantastic.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Last edited by NakedBassist at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by lespaul1216

Your spelling is despicably bad.
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
^^^ ya know, i always ask this question and never get an answer:

what the f*** is wrong with BFMV.

also, i never said Matt's screaming was amazing, just that TDWP, and PTH are terrible
Quote by asator

all the screamo/other-music-that-involves-screaming fanboys here made me laugh.

TS has a point here, screaming and stuff like that are quite popular amongst the 'heavy' bands out there, so he has the right to give his opinion on that.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Yeah there's only like, what, 3 bands in the world? And they are all screamo bands. Tough luck, TS. Maybe a fourth band will pop up soon that you will like.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
^hey, i listen to non-screaming stuff, too. as i'm sure most other people that listen to screaming do
Quote by asator

Quote by blankoff

your opinion does matter cause youre a douchey atheist.
Quote by ride-the-spiral
Getting good at screaming does take skill you know. Surely the same could be said about people who can just naturally sing well? They get loads of credit when they might not have done much to be able to sing.

this is utter bollocks, nobody is 'naturally able' to sing well. Sure, some people have better voices than others, or are very talented, but everyone needs practice to become a real good singer.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by lespaul1216

also, i never said Matt's screaming was amazing, just that TDWP, and PTH are terrible

Umm, they sound like every other shitty metalcore band? Seriously. I liked metalcore and then it seems like every metalcore band decided to get together and say "DUED LULZICLE LETS ALL TRY AND SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME WONT DAT BE AWSUM N STUFZZZ????"
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
Quote by lespaul1216

As much as i like BFMV (which i do) IMO they have nothing on PTH, but that is my opinion and i am entitled to it.

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

article 19
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
You will NOT find singing in death metal, you will NOT find growling (easily) in all other metal genres.
Quote by sticky5fingaz
I guess I don't understand why they bother writing lyrics if you can't understand them in the first place

Yeah so foreign artists should just quit writing music because Americans can't understand them. There are also tons of clean artists who have vocals that are barely audible. If you listen to music just for vocals, go buy a Lady Gaga CD?
i never said they were amazingly unique. i like their music, that's all.

you can listen to a band without thinking they're the most amazing musicians in the world
Quote by asator

Quote by blankoff
As much as i like BFMV (which i do) IMO they have nothing on PTH, but that is my opinion and i am entitled to it.

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

article 19

If you're talking about the technicality of the music it isn't an opinion. PTH makes BMFV look like that "whammy bar without a whammy bar" kid.
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
your opinion does matter cause youre a douchey atheist.[/QUOTmy opinion doesnt matter because i dont believe in god? how ignorant of someones beliefs are you, great argument
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Page 1 of 5