I hope I put this in the right place...

I recently bought both Guitar Rig 4 and Line 6 Pod Farm GX.

The GX only has 1 input, and I bought the standalone version of guitar rig 4, so no fancy hardware.

Is there anyway to plug a mic into the standard mic-in jack on my computer and use that in a talk box effect with either program?
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
Quote by Jasonbts

The GX only has 1 input, and I bought the standalone version of guitar rig 4, so no fancy hardware.

Is there anyway to plug a mic into the standard mic-in jack on my computer and use that in a talk box effect with either program?

That would be called a vocoder. A talkbox works with a tube in your mouth which allows you to shape the sound. And I don't think it's usually possible to use ins from two different input devices.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Quote by Jasonbts

You're probably talking about the POD Studio GX, which only has 1 audio line in. POD Farm is the associated software.

Mic inputs are different than audio ins. They're pretty big, like 3/4 of an inch around and have 3 pins. Sorry if you already knew that, I'm not trying to belittle you.

If you're talking about the tiny little headphone style jacks, I don't know of any way to get a decent mic to plug into one. I'm sure some adapters exist somewhere, but you'll get terrible quality.

If you can, I'd recommend you take your GX back and trade it for a UX1. It's basically the same thing, except it has a Mic input as well. Then get yourself a decent Mic.

With the UX1, you make your signal paths look like this:

Guitar --> Talkbox --> UX1 (via audio in)

Until you activate the talkbox. With the talkbox on, it would look like this:

Guitar --> Talkbox --> your mouth (via tube) --> Mic --> UX1 (via mic in)

I hope that doesn't sound complicated, because it really isn't.