Poll: How should SAtar Wars Be watched?
Poll Options
View poll results: How should SAtar Wars Be watched?
Chronologically
53 37%
as they were realesed
84 58%
not watch and give DVDs away
8 6%
Voters: 145.
Page 1 of 2
i am a star wars noob. i havent seen any of the movies. i have bought all of the 7 and now i dont know in which sequence i should watch 'em. so

A.I watch them chronologically (i.e. episode I, then Episode II ...)

B. Watch them as they were released (i.e. epidoe 4 the episode 5 then episode 6 then episode 1)

C. Should not watch them and give the DVDs Away.
Quote by Maynard James Keenan

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion
Last edited by padfootpak at Jan 8, 2010,
7?

Watch the original trilogy, then the prequels. If you watch it the other way round you:
a. Spoil a lot of the plot twists (as if you didn't know them already)
b. Run the risk of being put off by Episodes I and II.

Quote by shuriken
ep I - ep 6, to avoid confusion

To be honest, people were fine with it the 30 years before the prequels were released.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Jan 8, 2010,
As released. Then watch the original trilogy again and burn the new one.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
What's geekier than watching all the Star Wars films?

Planning the order you'll watch them in.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
watch the original trilogy (4-6) first. That's the order they came out and were intended to be watched. You ruin a lot of the suspense if you do it the other way. You have to remember, the writers of the New Trilogy (1-3) expected their target audience to have already watched the original Trilogy.
Last edited by jdrier21 at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
As released. Then watch the original trilogy again and burn the new one.

+1
There is no other way.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Watch 4,5,6 then burn that cartoon piece of crap then watch 1 and 2 and feel disappointment then watch 3 and feel somewhat better but still know that they weren't as good as the original trilogy
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676

and then this number 7 you speak of

no, really, 4-6, 1-3.
All hail the BaartMan.

Gear:
-Guitar
-Another guitar
-Another guitar
-Amplifier
-A few effects pedals
-Piano
-Cat
Quote by Hp312
I'm still quite amazed you havn't seen Star Wars
but yeah, 4,5,6. then 1,2,3
what the hell is 7? Please tell me you don't mean that god awful CGI Clone wars movie, if you do, burn that one.

i got the seventh for my younger 5 year old brother. he watches it on CN.

Now i know i should not watch it.

4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3. Defecate on 7, then burn it.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by padfootpak
i got the seventh for my younger 5 year old brother. he watches it on CN.

Now i know i should not watch it.

Ahh I see, the Series was actually pretty cool, but sadly the film doesn't follow suit.
Once you've watched them all though, go ahead and watch 'Family Guy: Blue Harvest' and 'Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside'. Then wait in high antisipation for 'Family Guy: We Had a Bad Feeling About This'.

These are/will be better than the originals.
1-2-3-4-5-6

you must like the first three because of the graphics and natalie portman's hot body.
You must love the last three for their story.

I always skip the part where padme dies, cried in the theater. Even more sad than Ash leaving Pikachu behind.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Powerslave619
Once you've watched them all though, go ahead and watch 'Family Guy: Blue Harvest' and 'Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside'. Then wait in high antisipation for 'Family Guy: We Had a Bad Feeling About This'.

Except for the fact that the Family Guy ones are sickeningly abysmal and the original trilogy is a FILMMAKING TOUR DE MOTHAFUCKIN' FORCE.

lol pun
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Definitely 4-6 and then 1-3.

I mean 4-6 were meant to be a stand alone series. You never needed 1-3 to understand 4-6. That being said, I don't think 1-3 are as bad as a lot of people make them out to be. Yeah, 2 sucked a lot. But 1 and 3 were both pretty good. Take Jar-Jar out of 1 and it is pretty awesome.

Quote by Powerslave619

I'm the biggest Star Wars fan on this site, easily, and I say watch them chronologically. If you've seriously never seen any of them, then nothing in the prequel trilogy will spoil the original trilogy for you that you don't already know. There's one spoiler in there, that EVERYONE knows from the OT. The prequel trilogy has a very important progression that leads into a certain character's identity that, if you've never watched any of the films, will intrigue you probably the most.

And don't believe people who diss the prequel trilogy. Attack of the Clones and The Phantom Menace are both fantastic films. Episodes III, V, and VI, I will admit, are the best, however.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Chronologically
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by DoomsdayArsenal
I'm the biggest Star Wars fan on this site, easily, and I say watch them chronologically. If you've seriously never seen any of them, then nothing in the prequel trilogy will spoil the original trilogy for you that you don't already know. There's one spoiler in there, that EVERYONE knows from the OT. The prequel trilogy has a very important progression that leads into a certain character's identity that, if you've never watched any of the films, will intrigue you probably the most.

I think it is better to watch 4-6 first, because Vader's background is a mystery. It makes him more menacing and threatening when you don't understand why he is the way he is. Watching 1-3 first kind of ruins the mystery behind his character.
Chronologically
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
4-6

Then stop watching.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by daytripper75
I think it is better to watch 4-6 first, because Vader's background is a mystery. It makes him more menacing and threatening when you don't understand why he is the way he is. Watching 1-3 first kind of ruins the mystery behind his character.

No, because everyone knows the story. Even if TS doesn't know his story, then watching the prequel trilogy will only make the original trilogy more rewarding. But seriously, Lucas intended the story to go chronologically as it is now...he just didn't think that he'd be successful enough to make all six parts, so he began with Episode IV.

I mean, watching Episode I doesn't give ANYTHING away about Anakin's character. And if you watch Episode IV-VI first, then you basically have less reason to watch the prequels. And don't even try to say that the PT isn't amazing. Darth Maul will kill all of you.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Darth Maul was in the movie for like five minutes. It's not even worth watching it just for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCjIjsZp_Y
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Jan 8, 2010,
1-3 were terrible...

But now thinking about, 4-6 weren't even that great either. They were ahead of their time, but in the context of how well they are actually written, they aren't that great...

And I like Star Wars...The Universe is very interesting.

I honestly think Episode 3 is the worst of the entire series. Followed by 1, then 2.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Both ways have their pros and cons, I saw them in order of release and think that's the best way to watch them for the first time but If I were to watch them all again I would just go chronologically.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by TunerAddict
1-3 were terrible...

But now thinking about, 4-6 weren't even that great either. They were ahead of their time, but in the context of how well they are actually written, they aren't that great...

And I like Star Wars...The Universe is very interesting.

I honestly think Episode 3 is the worst of the entire series. Followed by 1, then 2.

While the dialogue can be cringe-inducing, I think 4-6 had a good story arc, with some pretty strong characters. That's something 1-3 lacked in spades.
All the prequel trilogy (and the 1-3 remasters) prove, is that it's best that George Lucas doesn't get everything he wants.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Anyone who says to watch them chronologically is a philistine.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
4,5,6 then 4,5,6 again, then 1, read plot to 2 online, 3 and then 4,5,6 again.

Then watch both the robot chicken star wars specials.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Your thing should be labeled like this.

A. I don't want a social life.

B. I really don't want a social life.

C. I do want a Social life.
Peace my brothers!!!!
Quote by Powerslave619

Actually i have already seen something, something, something darkside. that is actually why i have decided to watch star wars. all the hype about it on TV has taken it's toll.

456 then 123. That's how I saw them, that's how YOU should see them. In my opinion watching the 123 first kind of ruins the whole "oh-noes-why-did-he-turn-into-Darth-Vader-and-do-all-those-bad-things kind of feeling.)
Page 1 of 2