Everytime i play i end up having a blues/jazz kind of sound( like a poor mans BB king)
But I just want to rock out! To be honest the one scale that i am most comfortable with is the blues scale. But i dont think its the notes i am playing as much as it is how i am playing. From what i understand the minor penitonic scale is the achor of rock music but i still sound like a broken BB king!!!
Suggestions????
I often refer to myself as a beginner but i guess i am intermediate if that have you help me
Learn your favorite songs. Pay atention to what's being played and why then borrow from them .
A lot of rock (classic rock in particular) is very heavy on the pentatonic and blues scales. Deep Purple, AC/DC, and Aerosmith come to mind just off the top of the head.
Quote by BlockFour
Learn your favorite songs. Pay atention to what's being played and why then borrow from them .

+1
I completely agree. Just play your favorite songs and you'll learn new ways to utilize pentatonic and blues scales.
Randy Rhoads is one of many who has utilized pentatonic runs in unique ways within his solos and songs.
Hit the strings harder, bend further, vibrato more aggressively - a load of rock solos are little more than pissed off blues solos.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com