I don't know if its my peavy transtube practice amp but it seems if I move my patchcord, the sound stops breaking up for a little while on anything above like 3 on the volume.
I'm pretty sure its the patch cords, I got through them so quick, and I dont even let them hang there cause that does screw them up. Someone please tell me a reliable brand :'[
Buy a roll of shielded wire and some cord ends and make them yourself.

It's what I do.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
i wager it`s not the patch cable, but the amp (`cos you`ve tried so many)

but get some planet waves or george L patch cables
I just suck it up and buy new ones every month.. It sucks but what else can ya do other then not rock out hard which is almost impossible (mine usually get torn or ripped..)
thanks guys. Im also looking for a nice half stack, preferrably peavy cause Ive always liked their amps. I play in a death metal band and were gonna start gigging sometime around february and was looking to not spend much money. I wish I was rich :[
Im gonna try the local pawn shops. hopefully some luck. If you could recommend something nice that would be great. Ive heard good things about the raven half stack I saw on guitar centers site, but its so cheap I'd probly need a nice pedal or a pod or something to run through it
^ don't get the Raven.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Try Monster Cable Performer 500s. They are a bit pricy but will never break.
Quote by naedauuf
I just suck it up and buy new ones every month.. It sucks but what else can ya do other then not rock out hard which is almost impossible (mine usually get torn or ripped..)

thats insane i've had the same fender wraped one for 5 years and a coiled one that was my dad's so that like 20+ years old and they both work fine. are you ripping them out of your guitar by the cable or at the plug head?
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial
Quote by lostjesse
thats insane i've had the same fender wraped one for 5 years and a coiled one that was my dad's so that like 20+ years old and they both work fine. are you ripping them out of your guitar by the cable or at the plug head?

TS is asking about Patch Cables, not Guitar Cables

On topic: TS, I like the Dimarzio Patch Cables...but they're a little pricy. I think they're like $12 USD a piece.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
I used to go through a lot of patch cords too but then I got a long Planet Waves cable when I bought my Tokai Love Rock over 3 years ago and its still working fine. Its the one with thicker cable heads though not the thin ones which I also broke.
I get radio signals through my amp sometimes but I doubt that's the cable fault.
Go to the guys that make bullet cables.

Find where they sell the 'make your own cables' pack.

go right ahead and get that.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Only issue with georgeLs is disconnecting them alot will make the no solder plug on the end intermittent. I use the georgeLs cable most store's have it, but buy solder connectors. They last forever this way and you can make just the right cable you need.