ok i need to know if use an amp head with a different watt cabinate.
ex 100 watt head w/130 watt cab.
i know you know something that i dont know and i want to know that thing that you know that i dont. THX.
Last edited by atomicrock5 at Jan 8, 2010,
What are you SAYING?

As far as I can tell you are asking if its okay to mismatch the wattage of the head and cabinet?

Yes, but the cabinet should have a higher wattage rating. The unwritten rule is that the cabinets wattage should be double the head's wattage...but I think its unwritten because most people don't follow it.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by atomicrock5
ok i need to know if use an amp head with a different watt cabinate.
ex 100 watt head w/130 watt cab.
i know you know something that i dont know and i want to know that thing that you know that i dont. THX.

Head wattage </= Cabinet wattage = OK
Head wattage > Cabinet wattage = Bad
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
TS:-when asking for help lose the attitude first....we are not here at your beckon call just `cos you spat the dummy and are now having a tantrum...for that reason i`m not going to give you my help
hey thanks guys. btw this is like my first post yeah ill work on it.
so randall is probbably what im gonna go with.
oh hey i would want to double the watts in the cab for more head room right? so i dont have to worry about the sound quality decreasing with a higher volume.
It's nice to have a cab with a higher power handling than your head can produce. Personally, my head will do 50 or 100 watts, but my cab can handle 240. It's good to be on the safe side. You can use a head with higher wattage than the speakers can handle at lower volumes and/or with a power, sponge, but I don't recommend it.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)