Is it possible to find humbucker-sized pickup rings made from clear plastic like the ones on the SG Zoot Suit (Don't flame me, but I don't think it looks that bad) in a variety that will fit on my Schecter?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
I did, and they were only for Gretsch Filtertron pickups, and don't have screw holes for humbuckers. Also, I'm pretty sure Filtertrons are smaller.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Im sure if purchased from gibson they will be vastly overpriced. You might end up having to make some.
How exactly would I go about making them?
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

clear plastic + straight saw + drill + coping saw
although you have to be careful because the plastic is liable to snap
i made one to see if i could do it and it turned out ok

cut the plastic roughly to size [straight saw =P]
drill a hole about 6mm anywhere in the middle of the cut out [drill, dur]
cut out the rough pickup hole with the coping saw [being careful and not using too much force]
file it to size, inside and outside
draw file, then use emery paper for a smoother finish on the plastic, then polish it [brasso or salvol autosol both work]
drill and countersink the mounting holes
Last edited by lozlovesstrats at Jan 9, 2010,
OK...
I don't have a coping saw or that much clear plastic, and this isn't urgent, so I'll make do with the stock black ones.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

well you might be able to do it with a hacksaw
just drill the holes in the corners, big enough so you can pass the blade through

not having any plastic is not as easily solved without buying it, or nicking it from school