Page 1 of 3
Just a quick introduction,
I've been browsing the forums here for a while, and have
finally found a reason to sign up and post something;

"It Might Get Loud; Three chords and the truth about a trio of rock legends."

Trailer and information -
http://www.queensfilmtheatre.com/films/itmightgetloud/

"From the Academy Award-winning director of An Inconvenient Truth, It Might Get Loud brings together three generations of electric guitar virtuosos - The Edge (U2), Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin), and Jack White (The White Stripes) - to discover how a seventeen-year-old Dublin schoolboy, a studio musician and painter from London and a furniture upholsterer from Detroit, each used the electric guitar to develop their unique sound.

The film travels with all three to influential locations from their pasts, discovers how and why they write and looks on as they share their influences, swap stories, and teach each other songs."

For anyone from Belfast, it is showing in Queens theatre all of next week.

Thought that some people here might appreciate it, i'm looking forward to seeing it.
- Caoimhin
"Did you here about hear about that Jesus kid? He ****ing came back to life the other day."

"omg really?!?!? i just herd about teh dinosourz that died lol"

This is very old, if you mean that you just heard about this movie and are letting us know about it.

I haven't seen it yet, but want to.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
could be interesting

welcome to UG as a member btw
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by Bounc3

"From the Academy Award-winning director of An Inconvenient Truth,

It sounded pretty boring at first, and this just confirmed it.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by JacobLampman
"Did you here about hear about that Jesus kid? He ****ing came back to life the other day."

"omg really?!?!? i just herd about teh dinosourz that died lol"

This is very old, if you mean that you just heard about this movie and are letting us know about it.

I haven't seen it yet, but want to.

Oh, apologies about that, i'm only realising that its so old now.
Guess I kind of let the rock geek inside me take over a bit.

I suppose its nice to show people who havn't heard of it yet anyway.
Interesting movie. Saw it a week ago. It's a DOCUMENTARY so don't expect Page, White and The Edge giving a concert in it. There's some jamming in it tho.
this is hugely old. I've seen this fantastic movie like 15 times. I have it on DVD for god's sake.

Have you heard about this one coming out called The Green Mile though? looks awesome.
Anyone who calls themselves "The Edge" can fall of the edge of a cliff into a pit of HIV infested hooker aliens with used heroin needles for teeth.
Though none of them are fantastic players, they fit very well for this documentary. I thought it was a great movie.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Great movie ... Jack White came off as a bit of a tit though :/

The best part is Jimmy Page listening to his old Rumble record ... you can tell he really loves it
I'm surprised this movie got such major distribution/promotion like it has here. It totally deserves it.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
this is hugely old. I've seen this fantastic movie like 15 times. I have it on DVD for god's sake.

Have you heard about this one coming out called The Green Mile though? looks awesome.

Oh you're a funny guy.

EDIT: Notice how all the posters in the UK have seen it via download?
Last edited by Bounc3 at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by Gnarism
Anyone who calls themselves "The Edge" can fall of the edge of a cliff into a pit of HIV infested hooker aliens with used heroin needles for teeth.

*reported* for uneducated, loudmouthed, retarded doucheness.

a) he didn't make the name up.
b) it refers to his angular facial features.
c) your "punishment" is fucking stupid
d) YOU are fucking stupid.

Quote by Bearded_Seth
I don't really call any of them guitar legends... Let alone virtuosos.

Jimmy Page isn't a legend? are you serious?

I don't care if you like him or not, but Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, and JIMMY PAGE are considered some of the most hugely influential guitarists in history. that's like saying Elvis isn't a legend. even if page WASNT the guitarist for one of the biggest, most popular bands to ever take the stage (literally everyone has at least heard of led zeppelin), he is still a guitarist who will pop into someones mind 9 times out of 10 when they hear "rock guitar". and the Edge? you mean the hugely influential guitarist of a band that is somehow even MORE popular than led zeppelin ever were? you mean the band that has probably sold more albums than nearly any other TWO bands? (some exceptions obviously. The beatles, michael jackson, etc.) I'd say U2 is quite well known. that was seriously an ignorant thing to say.

secondly, it appears you don't know what virtuoso means. Jack white is indeed not a virtuoso since he is simply replicating the playing of guitarists before him.. Page and The Edge however are almost certainly virtuosos (virtuosi?) Jimmy Page undoubtedly has massive amounts of skill, and the Edge pioneered a style of guitar that is copied and mimic'd to this day. seriously people, opinions seem to get in the way of common sense.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by lp345
Great movie ... Jack White came off as a bit of a tit though :/

The best part is Jimmy Page listening to his old Rumble record ... you can tell he really loves it

I think Jack White was the best one out of them, he seems more..I dunno...fluid? The others just kinda stuck to chords when they where jamming.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

lol u mad dog?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

He's a Dec 09'er, give him a break. He probably doesn't know how it works around here yet.
Quote by 6DgOfInTb
Though none of them are fantastic players, they fit very well for this documentary. I thought it was a great movie.

Page and White are pretty extraordinary players. The Edge might not be that good but the other 2 definitely are.
Quote by maggot9779
He's a Dec 09'er, give him a break. He probably doesn't know how it works around here yet.

Yeah!
Quote by maggot9779

he's been here for a month and 2 days. long enough to know that hoping someone dies because you don't like them is definitely not acceptable.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
he's been here for a month and 2 days. long enough to know that hoping someone dies because you don't like them is definitely not acceptable.

Yea I guess so. Shame on you 09er, shame on you.
Okay, Okay. Clean, unused needles for teeth? We cool now?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Never Anger the U2 Army!
Jeez chill out guys

Also, I for one hadn't heard of this TS, so your thread hasnt been a complete waste of time. I have no intention of watching it but it's nice to know.

There, I was nice to you. Expect severe sarcasm or obstructiveness next time we meet

Edit: Also that \/ \/ \/, he has the right idea. There's much worse posted on the pit all the time, it's just the nature of this forum and its users
Last edited by nigeltheginger at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I've been registered for an hour and even I know he wasn't being serious.

Save the reporting for serious things.
Quote by nigeltheginger
your thread hasnt been a complete waste of time. I have no intention of watching it but it's nice to know.
-------> therefore it was a complete waste of time
Quote by Bounc3
I've been registered for an hour and even I know he wasn't being serious.

Save the reporting for serious things.

I was serious.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Never Anger the U2 Army!
Quote by nigeltheginger
Jeez chill out guys

Also, I for one hadn't heard of this TS, so your thread hasnt been a complete waste of time. I have no intention of watching it but it's nice to know.

There, I was nice to you. Expect severe sarcasm or obstructiveness next time we meet

Seems most of us in the UK havn't heard of it,
and no worries; its the internet, I always expect severe sarcasm and obstructiveness. I can only hope that there'll be less furries than on the rest of the internet.
Quote by Bounc3
Seems most of us in the UK havn't heard of it,
and no worries; its the internet, I always expect severe sarcasm and obstructiveness. I can only hope that there'll be less furries than on the rest of the internet.

Yea, it only came out in the US and Canada I think, I was waiting for ages to see it but I had to download it instead....even though 2 of the people on ther are from the UK...
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
secondly, it appears you don't know what virtuoso means. Jack white is indeed not a virtuoso since he is simply replicating the playing of guitarists before him.. Page and The Edge however are almost certainly virtuosos (virtuosi?) Jimmy Page undoubtedly has massive amounts of skill, and the Edge pioneered a style of guitar that is copied and mimic'd to this day. seriously people, opinions seem to get in the way of common sense.

I really can't let this slide. A virtuoso is someone with very highly devoloped technique. None of the three guitarists feautured in this documentary fit that description. Not by a long shot. They might be unique, creative and influential. But virtuosos they are not.

Here's a guitarist who is approximately 23885123 times more virtuistic, for comparison reasons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ9NlsNIj8M.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
I really can't let this slide. A virtuoso is someone with very highly devoloped technique. None of the three guitarists feautured in this documentary fit that description. Not by a long shot. They might be unique, creative and influential. But virtuosos they are not.

Here's a guitarist who is approximately 23885123 times more virtuistic, for comparison reasons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ9NlsNIj8M.

technique is strictly in the hands of the player and the listener. classical technique is not all that is considered. up until recently, the technique of a jazz musician was not technique at all, since it was knew. now most new virtuosos are in fact jazz guitarists. the "virtuosity" also encompasses innovation, and both were certainly innovators.
Page 1 of 3