I'd work there
Fight the war, fuck the norm
Now I got no patience
So sick of complacence
With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E
Mind of a revolutionary
So clear the lane
...Whoever told you that is your enemy?
Sounds like the most heavily weighted reason was job stability. Guitars are a luxury item. When things get dicey people quit buying toys. Plus all you have to do is read the pit for a day or two to realize us guitarists are a moody bunch.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
its the new CEO. he's destroying the company. Gibson used to have one of the highest employee satisfaction ratings of any guitar company right up until the 80s if i'm not mistaken. whatever, doesn't matter to me I still wh0re their products like there's no tomorrow.
shit, Gibson is a worse place to work in than sweatshop in the third world?

It's worse than the factories in England during the industrial revolution where children were exploited and there were no safety measures?

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Can't the CEO be ousted from the company.

Really the power should be with the employee's when it comes to matters like this. It's unfair if a board has to decide as their main concern is profit so they will always put profit over employee welfare, unless the law states otherwise, for example health and safety.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Well that's a downer.

*Glances guiltily at Les Paul*
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
id rather work at gibson then in a mineshaft,
id also rather then a third world country,
id also rather work there than not have a job
id rather work there then being deployed to iraq/afghanistan

just playing devils advocate
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by Daniel8488

Really the power should be with the employee's when it comes to matters like this. It's unfair if a board has to decide as their main concern is profit so they will always put profit over employee welfare, unless the law states otherwise, for example health and safety.

It really doesn't work well when the inmates are running the asylum.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58

This.

I do not know anything about the current state of Gibson, but with all due respect to even the lowest of employees, just the idea that the employees should have this kind of say is fundamentally wrong.
Quote by serdy
This.

I do not know anything about the current state of Gibson, but with all due respect to even the lowest of employees, just the idea that the employees should have this kind of say is fundamentally wrong.

also this.

the economy certainly wouldn't work if every penny made goes to the employees (which would almost certainly happen) this is why the work place has a hierarchy to begin with.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Did the article say "in the history of mankind"? I must have missed it.

you must have missed the thread title saying 'ever'.

I did read the article about the best places to work in the US, then I noticed that the thread title failed to mention that it was in the US and that it was a survey for 2009.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by Jackal58

They are inmates though and it's not an asylum it's a place of work. It's this attitude that creates places like this.

The work force shouldn't tell the CEO what to do, but if there are situations like this the work force should have powers, or at least via a union to sort the issue(s) out.

The CEO and management sound's like a complete and utter mess and it's unfair on the workers, they may get paid for working there, but it's a horrible situation when you have a whole work force sometimes in fear and having constant threats of being sacked for no other reason than pathetic play ground politics.

Seriously.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by TheLifeguard
Well that's a downer.

*Glances guiltily at Les Paul*

Don't be ashamed man. They still make awesome guitars, it's just a shitty place to work. If anything, be happy. If the company ends up going under someday, your Gibson will be worth a good amount more. (Mine too )
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Jackal58
Gibson guitars are a luxury item.
Important nuance to make, so I fixed your post a bit. Not all companies build guitars that are unreasonably overpriced and are more of a status-symbol than an instrument. This was the Gibson company's approach before the recession, and they didn't adapt their strategy, so...
ah well, my les paul is from '79 when they were all still happy workers eating feasts every lunch, everyone sang volentarily to joyous music played all day making it into one massive musical and having their every need met within seconds.....thats how I picture it anyways
Quote by Lemoninfluence
shit, Gibson is a worse place to work in than sweatshop in the third world?

It's worse than the factories in England during the industrial revolution where children were exploited and there were no safety measures?

Hell, I'd even hate to work in a British factory now.

Four of my friends work for Gibson, and they've had similar complaints to the ones in the reviews.
One would think making living by making guitar is fun. Gotta think again...hard.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Daniel8488
The work force shouldn't tell the CEO what to do, but if there are situations like this the work force should have powers, or at least via a union to sort the issue(s) out.

Personal preference, I suppose, but I think I'd rather find a job somewhere else than deal with a union. (Also, see Chevy/GM: Union may help for a bit, but when the company goes under because no one wants to pay more for products made at $80+ an hour, plus massive legacy costs, you're pretty much SOL. Just my take, of course.)

The CEO and management sound's like a complete and utter mess and it's unfair on the workers, they may get paid for working there, but it's a horrible situation when you have a whole work force sometimes in fear and having constant threats of being sacked for no other reason than pathetic play ground politics.

Agreed, it's pathetic. But, I suppose, as long as there are some people willing to work in those conditions, there's no real motivation for change.
Quote by MightyAl
Back in my day, the teacher had to come to my tribe's village and inspect my cave-paintings in person.
For some reason, he thought the bison I painted was his mother, and gave me an F.

It wasn't my fault they look so similar.
Quote by Daniel8488

Buy some shares. Then revolt.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄