So my guitar keeps going out of tune, its a cheap guitar but now its going out of tune when i leave it for like 10mins. I havent recently changed the strings but i was thinking it might cos they are old

Also my guitar is about 3m away from my radiator which is often turned up and down could this be it?
Quote by Tedis1111

Also my guitar is about 3m away from my radiator which is often turned up and down could this be it?

quite possibly.

Could also be shit quality hardware though.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
quite possibly.

Could also be shit quality hardware though.

well the guitar is just over a year old and only in the last month or two has the problem became this bad
Sounds like pretty much everything you mentioned in your post to me; cheap hardware, old strings and temperature changes are all going to contribute.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
All of those things you mentioned, but especially the changes in temperature.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
all of the aformentioned problems. my guess though is that you didnt quite wind the strings enough when you put them on and some of them are slipping a bit. this would better explain how quickly it goes out of tune (as temp does change tuning, but not that fast in my experience)
Quote by krehzeekid
all of the aformentioned problems. my guess though is that you didnt quite wind the strings enough when you put them on and some of them are slipping a bit. this would better explain how quickly it goes out of tune (as temp does change tuning, but not that fast in my experience)

He said the strings are old, it wouldn't be a recent problem if that's true.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
He said the strings are old, it wouldn't be a recent problem if that's true.

true enough. its just the most common problem i find with any of my guitars
Quote by krehzeekid
true enough. its just the most common problem i find with any of my guitars

i know i did think of this but its not, the problem has only just come about