Okay, so as always im customizing my guitars, and im deciding to put a new set of PUPs in my Epiphone 1966 g-400. I'm looking for pickups that are heavy, have GREAT sustain and clarity, and really good harmonics, but ARE NOT actives.

I was most interested in the Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayhem set, but other than that im not entirel sure what i should look at. SO

Could somebody possibly give me suggestions on what pickups i should get? Or if the Distortion Mayhems are good =) Thanks!

I play alot of Alice in Chains, and things of that nature with this guitar. And will be playing through either a Peavey Bandit or a 6505, if that helps. Thanks!!!!

Cheers
Are you gonna go my way? ...No seriously dude, are you? Cause i gotta get a ride
So you're looking for something with higher output I'm assuming? Dimarzio's tone zone and air norton combo might be a good one if you still want clean tones out of the neck position. If not I really like the D-activator set I have in my 7 string they're pretty versatile. You could also have a look at Seymour Duncan pickups too, the JB/Jazz, JB/'59 combos are pretty popular, as well as their distortions.
Thanks! Anyone else? =)
Are you gonna go my way? ...No seriously dude, are you? Cause i gotta get a ride
I'm going to go with the JB/Jazz combo.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.