Ok, so a power chord's made up of a root note, a 5th, and an octave right? So would this be a power chord?

e|--0--|
B|--0--|
G|------|
D|--2--|
A|------|
E|------|

I got to looking at it and it looks like an E power chord, but I want to know if it really is or not.
a power chord or a 5 chord is just a root and 5th and yes thats is an E5
Technically the octave is the same as the root.

The only mandatory notes in a power chord are the root and the fifth. You can have a million fifths and only one root and it would still be a power chord.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Like every one said, yes it is, but how did you come to those frets in particular? I'm curious.
Alright, thanks everybody just wondering.

Quote by JudgeDrey
Like every one said, yes it is, but how did you come to those frets in particular? I'm curious.

I was working on a song, and I accidentally muted the G string (somehow...) while playing an Em chord, and I thought it sounded kinda nice I guess. Then I got to looking at it an noticed it made a 2nd power chord shape
---------------------------
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
technically yes.. but that'd be awkward.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by JudgeDrey

That specific inversion is the first chord in I Can See For Miles by The Who.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by GoIrish668
That specific inversion is the first chord in I Can See For Miles by The Who.
It is, in fact, not an inversion at all.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea