Page 1 of 2
I have always been interested in WW2 reenacting and as I arise in ages I have chosen to join 10st Airborne and 9th SS, so I was wondering,

Do any of you Reenact?.. What era/Unit?.. Any expireiences?...

Ty
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
well i shot a jew in a hole.

win?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Jan 8, 2010,
My ovens are fired up.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Last edited by Metalology at Jan 8, 2010,

WEEEEEEE RATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT TSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BOOM!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I did greek and medieval reenactments for a while. It was fun but I got injured a few too many times and too seriously to carry on and still consider myself sane.

I would think world war two reinactments are a bit safer in that respect because you don't have people running at you with maces, spears, swords and axes all the time...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by DieGarbageMan
stop that

DIEDIT: i was in the real world war though

Ok I will stop saying ty and now end my threads with: Thankya kindly...
Rofl?

Quote by IDread
I did greek and medieval reenactments for a while. It was fun but I got injured a few too many times and too seriously to carry on and still consider myself sane.

I would think world war two reinactments are a bit safer in that respect because you don't have people running at you with maces, spears, swords and axes all the time...

just machineguns, artillery, red barons

and according to my favorite history documentation (blackadder) wooden sticks.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

I reenact it in video games.

:\
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I was in Oklahoma D-day which is kind of a reenactment. It's the world's largest scenario paintball game and you do WW2 battles all week which lead up to the big battle of D-Day. Not exactly the same but close. It was fun as hell though.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I'm trying to become a Civil war recreationist. But I have yet to succeed. WW2 recreation sounds bad ass though. Machine guns? What?
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by Silver-spear94

Actually, the swagger stick is encased in leather, so it's not just a wooden stick. And you wouldn;t want to face a jerry machine gun nest without one, what?
Tally ho, pip pip, barf barf.
Quote by Silver-spear94

Yes but all those things will be firing blanks.
Don't get me wrong, blanks can be dangerous. I know a guy who lost an arm during an English civil war reinactment when some idiot set the powder off too early but still there is no physical contact involved in firing blanks at eachother. On the other hand, you can blunt a sword or an axe or a spear but it is still a heavy and sometimes still quite sharp piece of metal being swung about. Not to mention maces, that are just as deadly on a reeinactment field as they were on ancient battlefields because they are meant to be blunt.
In fact people with maces are the thing that injured me most. I was knocked out and concussed at least four times by somebody misjudging their swing with a mace. I also lost two teeth and suffered a fractured jaw from one but that was because it flew out of somebody's hand and into my face...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Paintballing count?

I'm considering buying some Airsoft gear, one of my friends is into it so I might try to get a group of us out in the woods by my house.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Kumanji
I'd rather not reenact the deaths of thousands of people in the name of capitalist imperialism, actually.

WW1 and 2 weren't imperialist from the allied perspective, they actually weren't imperialist from the central powers in ww1.
Quote by tayroar
WW1 and 2 weren't imperialist from the allied perspective, they actually weren't imperialist from the central powers in ww1.

Note - capitalist imperialism. They were a war of economies, a war of the owners of production - elites using the poor and the exploitable for their own means.
Quote by Kumanji
Note - capitalist imperialism. They were a war of economies, a war of the owners of production - elites using the poor and the exploitable for their own means.

The communists had just as much imperialism as the capitalists. Communism is just as much about using the poor for work, the only difference is that in a communist system, everyone's equally as poor.
Quote by tayroar

Yes they were. The allies did some pretty terrible things during world war two in the name of keeping their intrests intact for when the war was over. The reasons for the allies going to war aren't even a just as everyone likes to believe either. Before Germany started to threaten their power, most of the allied nations would gladly have jumped into bed with Hitler to stop the spread of communism. As it turned out they ended up jumping into bed with Stalin to stop facism.

World war one was even worse in that respect. It was a war between empires over territory. Nothing more.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Fascism was about conquering and creating a master race under Hitler. In that case, yes I would happily take part in killing racist, evil pawns.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by tayroar
The communists had just as much imperialism as the capitalists. Communism is just as much about using the poor for work, the only difference is that in a communist system, everyone's equally as poor.

Absolutely, it was just as disgusting.

Sorry, what's your point? Both world wars were horrible horrible incidences in our human history and I find it deeply distasteful for them to be reenacted and glorified.
Quote by Kumanji
Absolutely, it was just as disgusting.

Sorry, what's your point? Both world wars were horrible horrible incidences in our human history and I find it deeply distasteful for them to be reenacted and glorified.

I see it as educating the masses and yourself on life of a soldier in that time period(to an extent) the reason it is called living history lol
Rofl?

Quote by 1avatar328
I see it as educating the masses and yourself on life of a soldier in that time period(to an extent) the reason it is called living history lol

I see it as the same. I abhor war in all its forms but wars have shaped the past and they continue to shape the future. History is important and reinactments are a good way of teaching people about their history.
To be honest, if I were to get back into it, I wouldn't go back to doing battles. Not only because it is too dangerous but also because I don't like the idea of fighting anymore.
Reenactments aren't just about the battles after all. The living history projects are just as important.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
I see it as the same. I abhor war in all its forms but wars have shaped the past and they continue to shape the future. History is important and reinactments are a good way of teaching people about their history.
To be honest, if I were to get back into it, I wouldn't go back to doing battles. Not only because it is too dangerous but also because I don't like the idea of fighting anymore.
Reenactments aren't just about the battles after all. The living history projects are just as important.

If its about teaching people history why not have holocaust re-enactments?
Quote by IDread
Yes they were. The allies did some pretty terrible things during world war two in the name of keeping their intrests intact for when the war was over. The reasons for the allies going to war aren't even a just as everyone likes to believe either. Before Germany started to threaten their power, most of the allied nations would gladly have jumped into bed with Hitler to stop the spread of communism. As it turned out they ended up jumping into bed with Stalin to stop facism.

World war one was even worse in that respect. It was a war between empires over territory. Nothing more.

That's a pretty hotly disputed issue. I don't completely disagree with you, but you shouldn't present it as fact.

EDIT: Also, so off-topic it hurts.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
That's a pretty hotly disputed issue. I don't completely disagree with you, but you shouldn't present it as fact.

EDIT: Also, so off-topic it hurts.

Just to clarify, which part are you refering to when you say 'hotly disputed'?

Quote by goodlifebadlife
If its about teaching people history why not have holocaust re-enactments?

Because that would be in horrible taste. Living history works well for some things and not at all well for others. The holocaust is one of the latter.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Jan 8, 2010,
you know guys, it'd be pretty easy to re-enact WW1.

dig a big hole and fill it with water, lice and rats, and get some beer bellied guys in tank helmets to shoot at you 24 hours a day from fixed machine guns.

second world war would be harder, because there was no defined front line. While we were fighting the nazis, the US was fighting japan. The russians were running covert ops and so were the US and the UK. so it would be kinda hard to re-enact.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
you know guys, it'd be pretty easy to re-enact WW1.

dig a big hole and fill it with water, lice and rats, and get some beer bellied guys in tank helmets to shoot at you 24 hours a day from fixed machine guns.

second world war would be harder, because there was no defined front line. While we were fighting the nazis, the US was fighting japan. The russians were running covert ops and so were the US and the UK. so it would be kinda hard to re-enact.

They don't reenact the whole war, just specific battles. It's popular in America to do with the Civil War.
Quote by Kumanji
I'd rather not reenact the deaths of thousands of people in the name of capitalist imperialism, actually.

Right, the axis fought against capitalist imperialism, not tried to create an empire. Get your head out of your ass.
Quote by captaincrunk
Right, the axis fought against capitalist imperialism, not tried to create an empire. Get your head out of your ass.

Most of the axis powers were fascist.

We could analyse in excruciating detail what it means to be fascist but you can't deny that fascism merges the business interests with the political elite. Fascism was dedicated to creating a vast imperial economy - we need look no further than German territorial ambitions of Lebensraum in Eastern Europe. (indeed, the very term 'Reich' is analogous to 'empire' and all it entails) The foundation of this new economy was to be based upon union of the owners of the means of production, on of the utterly mistaken view that this would create a better society for all - the fascist economic system was a tool for social engineering, in short - a conspiracy against the 'people' as such. Hence why it was utterly ideologically opposed to the USSR brand of communism which was dedicated, in theory, to supporting above all else the interests of the proletariat.

Thus fascism is not a traditional imperial force but, and I chose my words very carefully here, a capitalist-imperialist force.
Last edited by Kumanji at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by Kumanji
Most of the axis powers were fascist.

We could analyse in excruciating detail what it means to be fascist but you can't deny that fascism merges the business interests with the political elite. Fascism was dedicated to creating a vast imperial economy (indeed, the very term 'Reich' is analogous to 'empire' and all it entails) based upon the union of the owners of the means of production because of the utterly mistaken view that this would create a better society for all - the fascist economic system was a tool for social engineering, in short - a conspiracy against the 'people' as such. Hence why it was utterly ideologically opposed to the USSR brand of communism which was dedicated, in theory, to supporting above all else the interests of the proletariat.

Thus fascism is not a traditional imperial force but, and I chose my words very carefully here, a capitalist-imperialist force.

USSR.

EDIT: you meant the axis wanted capitalism then eh?
Last edited by captaincrunk at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by captaincrunk
USSR.

Expand?

Quote by captaincrunk

EDIT: you meant the axis wanted capitalism then eh?

Undeniably. Behind all of the folklorique rhetoric of fascism it was committed in no uncertain terms to maintaining a capitalist system, I don't think we can deny that.
Last edited by Kumanji at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by Kumanji
Expand?

The allies weren't fighting for imperialism, as they weren't the aggressors. And the USSR was certainly not fighting for capitalism. I didn't read ur post before i posted because it was all wall like.
Quote by captaincrunk
The allies weren't fighting for imperialism, as they weren't the aggressors. And the USSR was certainly not fighting for capitalism. I didn't read ur post before i posted because it was all wall like.

Right, read it and maybe we can discuss properly? The distinction between Axis and Allies is largely, I think, academic and far away from the actual point, anyway. The war was vastly and disgustingly profitable for the European elite in all countries and vastly detrimental to the poor everywhere.
Quote by Aléx
Re-enact wars? Sounds fucking stupid.

Kind of agree.

What i don't get is, how do you know when you are hit? I am assuming you pretend to die, but with things like paintball, you think "ok, if i get hit, its gonna hurt, and i will miss out on the action of the rest of the game", so thats the driving force, but with re-enactment, surely its just like, ok, they pointed the gun at me, fired some blanks, now i fall over and lay down for a bit.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Jan 8, 2010,
Page 1 of 2