Hello all, I have finally upgraded from my simple Squier Strat to something a bit more useful and nice.

Ibanez Art100:
-Mahogany Body
-Rosewood fretboard
-22 Frets
-2 volume, 1 tone
-Dual humbucking
-Set-in neck
-2-way toggle switch

This is a beautiful guitar with nice action and finish. As I looked over it, there were absolutely no problems with the finish. The one issue I did find at the store was the fretboard was a little dry, so the guy threw on some new Dunlop strings and put lemon oil on the fretboard and fixed the dryness. Although the action is a bit higher than what I am used to, on this guitar it doesn't seem to affect playability at all. I quickly adapted to the action, and it plays like a dream.

Action:

All in all, this is probably safe to gig without a backup, but on the freak accident of a string breaking, have one with you. It handles anything from death metal to classic rock and roll very well. I will probably end up getting another one down the road in a different color.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
that action is really high, I would personnaly tweak it with the truss rod.
Matter of taste I guess
I would say that is rather high, but it comes down to preference. If you do decide to change the action, you might want to have a pro do it if you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself.

Anyhow

Happy New Guitar Day!
HNGD I think these are not bad guitars for the money. I would say the action is pretty high. How does the neck look? Does it have a bow to it? I like my necks to have a very slight curve it actually can be too straight IMO. If it looks OK it's probably just a bridge height adjustment. You don't want to adjust the truss rod unless the neck has a pretty bad bow to it.

As far as gigging with it that is up to you. I try and use all my guitars I have gigged with my Jay Tursers, BC Rich, and other guitars some people would consider low end. I don't have a problem.

Can you take better bigger pics? Try and get a pic looking down the neck to post so I can see if it's bowed.

John
HNGD!!! That looks pretty nice but I agree with every one else about the action is pretty high, I personally would lower it but maybe it could be of some use for slide playing, but it looks pretty solid other then the freakishly high action.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by johnro6659
HNGD I think these are not bad guitars for the money. I would say the action is pretty high. How does the neck look? Does it have a bow to it? I like my necks to have a very slight curve it actually can be too straight IMO. If it looks OK it's probably just a bridge height adjustment. You don't want to adjust the truss rod unless the neck has a pretty bad bow to it.

As far as gigging with it that is up to you. I try and use all my guitars I have gigged with my Jay Tursers, BC Rich, and other guitars some people would consider low end. I don't have a problem.

Can you take better bigger pics? Try and get a pic looking down the neck to post so I can see if it's bowed.

John

Yea, my bass has what we would call too-straight a neck. I think the main reason I haven't adjusted it is because I switch between bass and guitar quite often and the higher action feels a bit better.

For the money, these are great guitars. In fact, the pu's aren't actually too bad. It has great tone control.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
HNGD!!!!!!!

and congrats for doing the review but i saw that first pic and i was like ooh nice carve top and kool inlay then i scrolled down and i was HOOOO SHITTTTT. Cuz like that actions pretty high
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.