ok so i going to start playing some megadeth so whats a good song of theirs to learn that is not to difficult yet as i just wana start getting fimilair with their music , i want to play a solo though to ,but just to start geting familiar with them and they style of playing thanks.
ashes in your mouth, peace sells, holy wars, in my darkest hour, vortex, she wolf, wake up dead, poison was the cure, skin o my teeth, symphony of deastruction, set the world afire, wake up dead, tornado of souls.............

there's really a big bunch of great songs by them. there are some harder ones like hanger 18, five magics or 1,320', but the ones mentioned are enough if you want to show people that you know megadeth

EDIT to the post above: all megadth songs are in standard tuning, except for the whpole youthanasia record that is 1/2 step down and the first two records, which are 1/4 step down
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by MetalGuitarest
washington is next has a catchy riff, good for hand coordination. symphony of destruction is another popular one... Any specific tuning?

no sepcifc tuning im just starting to play metal ,i have been playing some ac/dc and ozzy for ages and im wana learn something different i i quite like megadeths music so though i'd start learing some of them.
Quote by DANGERSTRANGER
no sepcifc tuning im just starting to play metal ,i have been playing some ac/dc and ozzy for ages and im wana learn something different i i quite like megadeths music so though i'd start learing some of them.

i thought you didn't know any of megadeth's music. if you are already familiar with them, then just play any song you like. if you force sh*t on you, it wont come out good.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
i thought you didn't know any of megadeth's music. if you are already familiar with them, then just play any song you like. if you force sh*t on you, it wont come out good.
im am fimilar with like 3 songs so yeah just wanted to know some more good ones and i only started listening to them yesterday and they are ones like hangar 18,and 44 minutes havent looked at tabs for 44 minutes yet
I play a lot of Megadeth. Washington is Next is pretty fun, and it's a lot easier than it sounds. She-Wolf, Die Dead Enough and Head Crusher are a lot of fun, too. Rust in Peace is one of the harder ones but if you can play it, you can instantly play Kick the Chair as well. Return to Hangar has some (relatively) easy solos.
If you want something easy then symphony of destruction should be fine but if your looking for something a bit more difficult Tornado of Souls is fun to play
Quote by HauntingtheWick
If you want something easy then symphony of destruction should be fine but if your looking for something a bit more difficult Tornado of Souls is fun to play

yeah am working of symphony's solo at the moment have got the rest stuck in my head megadeth ****in rock
Quote by DANGERSTRANGER
ok so i going to start playing some megadeth so whats a good song of theirs to learn that is not to difficult yet as i just wana start getting fimilair with their music

IMO, Symphony is too easy with a difficult solo to start with. Holy Wars is always a fan fav with only 2 Friedman solos and 1 long Dave thrash solo at the end. Others like it are In My Darkest Hour, Skin O' my Teeth, Peace Sells, 1000 Times Goodbye, and of course Tornado of Souls.