Is there some sort of way to give my amp an effects loop without having one installed?

Might be a stupid question
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Unless you're an amp wiring whiz or your ready to spend lots of money to an amp tech I'd say no. But I'm sure there are more knowledgable people that could help you out more on here
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Last edited by Gibson V at Jan 8, 2010,
Long answer:

If you have some kind of DI load like an attenuator between the amp and speaker, you can put loop effects in it and run that signal into a separate power amp and speaker.

I plan to do sort of a VH thing eventually by having the top half of a 1960 running dry and the bottom running wet, blending the two together.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
At minimum your going to need some jacks to be able to insert FX between the preamp and power amp. It also depends on if your going to be running line level stuff or guitar stomp boxes. Guitar stomp boxes arent really made to handle the full output of a preamp with out some sort of buffer or attenuator to bring the signal level down then a booster on the return to bring things back up for the power amp.
Could someone explain what an FX loop is exactly? Is it just a separate set of in/out jacks designed for the pedals?
An effects loop is pretty much a circuit that send your signal our of your amp right before it gets to the poweramp and then bring it back in. It's pretty much just a way of putting effects behind your preamp so they arent coloured by it.
So then could someone explain what this does, it looks like it simulates an effects loop. But I could be nuts

http://www.tonebone.com/re-bigshot-efx.htm
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Is an effects loop same thing as Power Amp In and Preamp Out?
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
The tonebone your looking at is more of a bypass looper. Basically what it does (among other things) is creates a separate effects loop in your pedal chain that you can bypass at will. It has a lot of applications but it does not simulate an amp's effects loop.

Quote by halloweenhead

Do you mean as in pre-amps and power amps? could you give an example? All an effects loop does is put your effects between your power and pre-amps. It keep certain effects much clearer.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by schtick_bomb at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by halloweenhead

Basically yes.
Quote by McLeod
This is a stupid question

How'd ya know?

In the same way you can't have distortion channel or a mid knob or a handle unless the amp had one installed, or you have one installed aftermarket, you can't have an effects loop without having one installed on the amp.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2