So I recently got an X-Box 360 and I want to set up X-Box Live. Currently to play comfortably I need to go wireless so I need to know where I can get the best wireless adapter for the cheapest amount of money (compatible with 360 of course). The X-Box ones are outrageously overpriced, and it really makes me angry that microsoft did not include this feature with the system. Oh also, I'd prefer not to have to order it online, I want to buy it at a store asap.
You have to buy the official one. I was going to, but decided 10 bucks for a 5m cable was a much better idea.

And I agree, that feature should be included. But hey, what can you do.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
The only wireless one that works with the X-box is a non-driver reliant adapter, which at the moment, I believe the cheapest one is the Xbox one. The reason being that you cannot Install drivers for and on the Xbox. It's a computer, but not like that. D: I've tried with multiple ones but the only one that worked was the Xbox one.
my brother has 360, seems to break the microsoft ones all the time. But theyre kinda the only decent choice for wireless.

but dont buy the scrawny little wired headset, get the wireless one. one tug on that wire and boom your back down the store buying another one.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
my brother has 360, seems to break the microsoft ones all the time. But theyre kinda the only decent choice for wireless.

but dont buy the scrawny little wired headset, get the wireless one. one tug on that wire and boom your back down the store buying another one.

i think the TS is talking about the wireless internet adapters to play on Xbox live, unless i'm totally mistaken.

The headsets though, I've never had a problem with my wired one. Even when i do pull it while playing Rock Band or something, it just doesn't/won't break.
i dunno.

everything is wireless these days.

erm, id just stick with microsoft stuff anyhow, unless its not available. Theyre designed to work well with the console and therefore should. plus you'll get a warranty.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

I got a big, sturdy on-ear headset from Hong Kong for €3.41, twas epic. Works perfectly.

But just buy a headset for like €13.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

there are third party ones but they have to be autodrivered or non-driver reliant.

third party ones will probably suck though. just like those cheap ass controllers.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
there are third party ones but they have to be autodrivered or non-driver reliant.

third party ones will probably suck though. just like those cheap ass controllers.

Yeah. I've tried out some third-party ones for the Xbox, and the quality of online play dropped dramatically.
Its amazing that no one on the entire internet has given me a definitive answer to my simple question.
Try using the Linksys WGA54G.
I think you need a Linksys router, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
It creates a wireless signal between whatever it's plugged into and your router, thus making it easier to move an Xbox around the house to go on live. You can also use it with a computer.

I'm not exactly sure that you can find it in stores.
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Stock Eminence Legend
Peavey Ultra Plus 120 Watt Head
Rivera R412T - Loaded with Celestion V30s
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4
TC Trinity Reverb
Quote by SKAtastic7770
Its amazing that no one on the entire internet has given me a definitive answer to my simple question.

Question
Quote by SKAtastic7770
So I recently got an X-Box 360 and I want to set up X-Box Live. Currently to play comfortably I need to go wireless so I need to know where I can get the best wireless adapter for the cheapest amount of money (compatible with 360 of course). The X-Box ones are outrageously overpriced, and it really makes me angry that microsoft did not include this feature with the system. Oh also, I'd prefer not to have to order it online, I want to buy it at a store asap.

Answer
Quote by NoxMortalitus
The only wireless one that works with the X-box is a non-driver reliant adapter, which at the moment, I believe the cheapest (edit: and best) one is the Xbox one. The reason being that you cannot Install drivers for and on the Xbox. It's a computer, but not like that. D: I've tried with multiple ones but the only one that worked was the Xbox one.
I know this isn't exactly answering you question but.... i run my internet to my xbox though my pc and it works great. I had the same dilemma as you until i moved my backup pc near my Xbox and used it as a wireless router basically.