Page 1 of 2
I got the letter from my school today, saying I have a 1.6 GPA, and I failed at least one class per semester, so I was offically kicked out (pending an appeal, which probably will not go well, since I was technically kicked out last semester, appealed and managed to get reinstated). I never really liked school, and I always felt like I was much more intelligent than the rest of the people there (including most of the professors - we watched Galdiator for it's "historic merit" for christsakes), and didn't belong. I plan on going back for something at some point, but who knows when that will be since I've pretty much blown it short term

So anyone else been kicked out of uni? (Perferable these should be comic, since I'm feeling pretty shitty)

Anyone manage to turn it around, get into a different college and do something with their lives? (I doubt it since this is the Pit, but some sort of inspirational/motivational story would be nice)

EDIT: The whole story. Since I was ranting and didn't think it too be relevant. Sorry in advance that this has turned into a wall of text.

Semester 1
I enter my first year of school as computer science major - the focus being on networking - in high school I earned the very first Cisco Networking certification I could CCNA 1. The advisor I met with was not concerned, that I failed to meet the math requirements to begin the program. So he got "special permission" for me to take these classes. Well, about 4 weeks into the semester - I ended up withdrawing from 2 classes, because I could not keep up with the math element. For tax, and fiancial aid reasons, I rode out one additional computer class. Also managed to fail English - which was totally my fault.

Semester 2
Switched to a liberal arts program. Did reasonablely well - expect for a music thoery class which I failed due to attendence - I was legitimently ill. My school has a pretty strict attendence policy - However many days the class meets in a week the number of absenses you are aloud for a semester. So I was sick and got burned on it. So at this point my cummulative GPA was bad enough to warrant suspention - mainly due to a poor first semester.

Semester 3
I was reinstated aloud to return to school full-time. I did pretty good, I spent the semester doing damage control - retook the computer class I failed in semester 1. Passed everything else with a B. EXCEPT biology, where I had a C at the withdrawl date - managed to bomb out at the very end - also my fault.

So basicly shit that happened to me/I did a long time ago has come back to bite me.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Jan 8, 2010,
So if you don't want to go to college, what sort of job do you want to get?
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
The Pit and Uni in the same sentence? ha.

But really, you're not more intelligent than the Professors.

Have fun working in KFC forever.
RIP Tom Searle.
You thought you were smarter than everybody else? Surely that and the GPA of 1.6 was encouragement to do well?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Captain Insano
I got the letter from my school today, saying I have a 1.6 GPA, and I failed at least one class per semester, so I was offically kicked out (pending an appeal, which probably will not go well, since I was technically kicked out last semester, appealed and managed to get reinstated). I never really liked school, and I always felt like I was much more intelligent than the rest of the people there (including most of the professors - we watched Galdiator for it's "historic merit" for christsakes), and didn't belong.

So anyone else been kicked out of uni? (Perferable these should be comic, since I'm feeling pretty shitty)

Anyone manage to turn it around, get into a different college and do something with their lives? (I doubt it since this is the Pit, but some sort of inspirational/motivational story would be nice)

get real. you failed because you did not put in the time and effort. You have no one to blame but yourself. Do not claim you are smarter than your peers and professors
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Wesseem at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by Captain Insano
I always felt like I was much more intelligent than the rest of the people there (including most of the professors - we watched Galdiator for it's "historic merit" for christsakes)

you had a 1.6 gpa and you still felt this? you can't be serious.
Quote by Wesseem
get real. you failed because you did not put in the time and effort. You have no one to blame but yourself and your minimal desire to excel in life

I read that in Dr House's voice. Was awesome.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Captain Insano
I got the letter from my school today, saying I have a 1.6 GPA, and I failed at least one class per semester, so I was offically kicked out (pending an appeal, which probably will not go well, since I was technically kicked out last semester, appealed and managed to get reinstated). I never really liked school, and I always felt like I was much more intelligent than the rest of the people there (including most of the professors - we watched Galdiator for it's "historic merit" for christsakes), and didn't belong. I plan on going back for something at some point, but who knows when that will be since I've pretty much blown it short term

well, it turns out you were quite mistaken. It appears that the truth is quite to the contrary. your professors got through Uni.

just for future reference (this goes for everyone) If you ever feel like you are the smartest guy in the room, chances are you are wrong.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by Captain Insano
I always felt like I was much more intelligent than the rest of the people there

I feel this guy..
I don't get good marks, nor do I really try. But I feel that if I had any interest what so ever, I'd be one of the best.

Ye know?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by captaincrunk
Everyone is dumb, I'm a genyus.

You might be.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
If you felt like you didn't belong, you should have tried another uni or another major. Not bombing.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

One of the greatest things I learned in life is that intelligence and wisdom are two different things.
I don't doubt your intelligent. Intelligent =/= good student. Freaking Einstein failed many of his math classes. But he got his act together. I know that being smarter than your average classmate can lead you into a poor work ethic due to lack of motivation, but all you can do is put effort into school. I myself am an intelligent person who struggles in school I understand the content, and ace all the tests, but I am very bad at getting assignments and projects done. I turned it around though. This semester, I got all A's and B's, with one C. (Music theory, that class is ****ing hard) You can't imagine how good I fealt. It was the first time since freaking 6th that I got a report card with no D's and F's.
You just need a good dose of motivation, best served as the absence of any spending money. A few years working odd hours and holidays at a restaruant should get you in the right mindset for college.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by LEPIV
You just need a good dose of motivation, best served as the absence of any spending money. A few years working odd hours and holidays at a restaruant should get you in the right mindset for college.

Or meeting chicks who don't think guys who work at KFC are sexy.
Well a couple things:

A) I'm not really an egomaniac, really. I am an idiot, I am aware that I ****ed up. I'm just pissed about the whole situation.

B) I know that I didn't really put the effort in at times - but sometimes it's tough when you could care less.

C) Everyone has run into a few moronic professors/students, at uni - I'm sure most people handled it better than I did.

D)Did, I mention I'm bitter - I'm sure I'll pick up the pieces and get over.
Even if you were smarter than the professors, and if the work didn't appeal to you, THE FACT THAT YOU WERE REINSTATED DIDN'T MAKE YOU AT LEAST TRY THE TINIEST BIT TO STAY IN?
Wouldn't a second chance make you at least have some sort of motivation? But we are left with this "Oh it's not for me" crap. It's not for me either, but I still make sure I pass. You think 90% of the students love working? Absolutely not. But they do so so that they can achieve the reward of being knowledgeable and for being able to get into the fields they want without being completely blind. But it's not for you and you're smarter than everyone else?
That alone makes you not nearly as smart as you made yourself out to be.
Quote by Captain Insano
Well a couple things:

A) I'm not really an egomaniac, really. I am an idiot, I am aware that I ****ed up. I'm just pissed about the whole situation.

B) I know that I didn't really put the effort in at times - but sometimes it's tough when you could care less.

C) Everyone has run into a few moronic professors/students, at uni - I'm sure most people handled it better than I did.

Did you dislike your topic of study or the university idea?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Captain Insano
Well a couple things:

B) I know that I didn't really put the effort in at times - but sometimes it's tough when you couldn't care less.

Fixed. Learn this thing, so you don't fail out again.
Quote by MH400
The Pit and Uni in the same sentence? ha.

But really, you're not more intelligent than the Professors.

Have fun working in KFC forever.

Gee, your just an ass everywhere arent you?
Classical Guitarist
Quote by guitarhero_764
What's your guys' problems? Grades don't equal intelligence at all.

This is too true, I was lazy when i was in school so my grades suffered, but i always excelled on tests and in any class I ever put effort into.
Last edited by dan_457 at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by guitarhero_764

Grades that low indicate something other than intelligence. Even with minimal effort, a 2.0 should be easy for an intelligent person.
Quote by captaincrunk
Fixed. Learn this thing, so you don't fail out again.

this. ****ing this!!

staple this to your binder, and remember it.
Quote by guitarhero_764

doesn't hurt?

and in our society there aren't too many other ways to know someone's intelligence other than testing them on what they have just spent the last semester learning about.

So now that you are kicked out how do you get back in? unless you don't really want to. But if you do get back in then i suggest you take general arts where you can take an english course, physics, biology, media art. This way you basically try everything out and you can determine which subject you like and can see yourself making a career out of.
Quote by edge11

A person can have an IQ or a skill at something, you either have it or you dont. Education/experience develops this, nothing more, nothing less. If you lack an overwhelming amount of IQ/skill definetly stay in school. If youre a genius of some sort, **** school.
Quote by shotdownNflames
A person can have an IQ or a skill at something, you either have it or you dont. Education/experience develops this, nothing more, nothing less. If you lack an overwhelming amount of IQ/skill definetly stay in school. If youre a genius of some sort, **** school.

Yes but there is a difference between not getting a concept for a course, and not trying at all.
Quote by shotdownNflames

what good is being a genius when you're flipping Whoppers? no respectable job takes someone without at least college qualifications.
Quote by Wesseem
doesn't hurt?

and in our society there aren't too many other ways to know someone's intelligence other than testing them on what they have just spent the last semester learning about.

I knew a lot of people who had high grades but were actually pretty damn dumb and had no common sense whatsoever.
TS, I'm sure you're very clever but at the end of the day, you're not going to get anywhere in life with an attitude like that. It doesn't matter how intelligent you are or how much potential you've got; if you don't find a way to utilize your abilities then you may as well not have any.

Like others have said, you need to find some kind of motivation. Something you will be able to look at often to avoid forgetting what it is you're striving towards.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by shotdownNflames

That's retarded. Like on so many levels. I've had my IQ tested, not to brag but I got an exceedingly high score, so know what I did with the knowledge of my limitations? I went for them. What use is a genius if he can't even apply his intelligence?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by guitarhero_764

Grades= IRL intelligence you need to make a living, not "street smarts"

Damn I hate people who say, "I don't care about being school smart lol, I have teh street smarts so I'm set for life lol." No kid, you are not street smart, you're a fucking idiot!
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by dan_457
I knew a lot of people who had high grades but were actually pretty damn dumb and had no common sense whatsoever.

good point. but i was referring to their level of intelligence when it comes to the subject they had just learned about. To test for someone's overall intelligence i think is really next to impossible, so many factors etc. Common sense is a hard thing to test unless the person clearly does not have any (e.g. running into an airport screaming i have a bomb for the lulz)
Quote by edge11

I used to go to some horrible Prep school. I got kicked out. So before my parents got the news, I ditched easrly and roamed around New York for a few days. I hated that school. It was full of phonies. So in NY, I smoked a lot, went to a few clubs, got a hooker (but was too depressed to do anything), and snuck home to see my little sis before I moved out. I swear to God I'm crazy...so that's why I'm now in a mental hospital.

E-cookie for reference
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Page 1 of 2