Hey UG.... I've got a pair of singing recordings (pretty meh audio quality, but I think I mixed it pretty well.) It'll take less the a minute to listen to them.

Psychosocial-Slipknot
Savior-Rise Against

Take a look on my profile:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MasterMongoose/music/all/play753778

I'll gladly look at your covers if I can actually offer constructive help on them.
i dont know the second song just the first one... In my opinion I dont think its good.. Seems pretty flat vocally...no emotion.. just singing doesnt do it.. gotta put somethin of yourself in there. Thats just my opinion.. I'm a singer so I can just offer what i have .. BTW how did you record your vocals.. I havent that slightest clue on how to do it .. any help would be cool.. thanks.. Good try tho... I give you props
GETCHA PULL MUTHAFUKA!!
Well, like I said, the mic is pretty meh. It's not great at all. I'll make sure to work on the emotion thing, but in this case I swear a good chunk of its the mic.

I just used Audacity man, nothing special there. Thanks for the reply though
I understand what dimebag is saying to a degree, but hardly.
Now, Psychosocial was probably better then Corey Taylor could do live :P, but it seemed a little shaky and almost like you were trying to replicate it. Savior sounded really good I thought, your voice has a good tone imo. I guess I would suggest singing without the song playing, or possibly with just a backing track, seeing as it can mask some of your mistakes.

I have no singing experience, so I guess I'm not the best person to ask. I also don't see what knowing the song has to do with critiquing it.
Quote by Erik_Aero
I understand what dimebag is saying to a degree, but hardly.
Now, Psychosocial was probably better then Corey Taylor could do live :P, but it seemed a little shaky and almost like you were trying to replicate it. Savior sounded really good I thought, your voice has a good tone imo. I guess I would suggest singing without the song playing, or possibly with just a backing track, seeing as it can mask some of your mistakes.

I have no singing experience, so I guess I'm not the best person to ask. I also don't see what knowing the song has to do with critiquing it.

Thanks for the reply! My vocal track is louder than the original for Savior though, so I guess my voice's tone is a lot like his.

That's a good idea (singing without the track), but I'll have to hunt youtube or the like to find something to use.

As far as knowing the song: If its something like guitar, it does help a lot for trying to critique someone who's playing it note for note (which most covers tend to be on here). Singing, though, shouldn't matter too much.
Last edited by MasterMongoose at Jan 9, 2010,
So what are you asking us exactly.. Just the recording and how it came out ? Or how we think you sound singing? I dont understand..
GETCHA PULL MUTHAFUKA!!
how did you use Audacity to record your singing? I just recently recorded a quick riff with it.. I want to do more with it.. any help would be cool ...Thanks.
GETCHA PULL MUTHAFUKA!!