I was thinking in going for rack pre-amp + multi FX for portability reasons.

As for power-amp i won't get it soon because they are easily over 400e, so i was thinking in a combo for home practice and to plug in the pre-amp + multi fx rack.

When in the studio i'd use my pre-amp with my home settings but in the studio's PA, which hopefully will keep a bit my tone.

Anyway, i know marshall jmp-1 and the ada mp-1, both are great but i wonder which one is better for old school thrash\black\death?

or should i go other way?

any help appreciated
Last edited by morkeg at Jan 8, 2010,
So basically you just want to know which marshall pre-amp is better for thrash metal? Well to my ears the jmp-1 is an all around better pre-amp, but that is very subjective. There are a few other factors to look into, the big one being your power amp, that will shape your tone a lot. Honestly if your going for some type of metal, you should really keep your options open. Dont get tunnel vision on just one pre-amp company. Look into engl, mesa or carvin pre-amps. They are all around more versatile in most cases. But like I said... very subjective.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

The ADA MP1 was well used by many people for just what you want back in the day. You will want to look for a modded one as Im not sure how a bog standard one would sound for the really heavy stuff.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso