Page 1 of 2
Edit: Now there be clipz!
edit: a too long didn't watch greatest hits clips collection!
featuring - at least 2 chords! and some freaking the f out picking! Sustain! An amp turned up to 11 (-10).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn6Tcvu5Kdc

Here are some photos and some quick reviews!

oooh.

Review: Very Shiny!

Came with it's own supply of

Review: Does not taste very nutty

You like tubes? I like tubes! Here are some tubes

Review: Totally Tubular!!

What's this thing...

Guys I don't think they finished making this....
What am I supposed to do with this..

Review: Not quite finished : (

And!

This is a pedal...
Do you guys think its gonna hurt to run two distortion pedals into each other??

Review: Shaped like a spaceship

And what's this?? New monitors! Krk rokit 6g2's.

Review: Very red

Now for the final reveal....

another Marshall?? but no wai...AM only has 180 forum posts and all of them hate on marshalls. Has teh world gone topsy-turvy?? What could it be??

Bam!!

Review: Pros - Marshal brand name prominently displayed
Cons: Very heavy

Head or Combo?? Head or Combo??
Answer: BOTH

I present the headcombostack

Say hi to the amp farm...

review: pros - this is what dreams are made off
cons - do not put ear next to speaker when adjusting footboard. I am deaf now.

tune in next week for more amps! why do things take so long to arrive from England : (.
This room needs more color. A little orange. A lot of orange.

I follow the rules! If a 16 year old girl can figure out how youtube works...so can I!

Part 1: I touch my gear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmnMGWb17h4

Part 2: I touch my gittar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mryqtOIiO7Q

Part 3: I touch myself. no wait, i touch more gittar

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=diagrammatisk#p/u/0/br5zO7gbrug
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jan 9, 2010,
I'm jealous, especially if your teaser means what it sounds like...

Happy New Gear Day!
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
dude...didn't you say you don't really play guitar?! You must be DAMN rich to buy all that stuff without really 'playing guitar' lol!

HNGD anyway!
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
This room needs more color. A little orange. A lot of orange.

Orange amp perhaps?!
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by HellBoy9393
dude...didn't you say you don't really play guitar?! You must be DAMN rich to buy all that stuff without really 'playing guitar' lol!

HNGD anyway!

I'm almost exactly where I was right after Christmas

Night train returned to finance univalve purchase - out of pocket costs 50 dollars

Blackstar minihalfstack traded for the jcm900 4501 and wasabi pedal - out of pocket costs 0 zero.
WHere the f-uck do you get all this money from?
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by gatechballer
WHere the f-uck do you get all this money from?

writing reviews for magazines...
j/k

i had money saved up for a big guitar purchase which was calculated as the cost of 1 great head + 1 great stack + 1 new guitar new.

Cookie jar ain't empty yet. buying used = win.
I'm sorry, but I'm still lol'ing at "nut sauce" and it's been 5 minutes.

Happy New Stuff Day!
Quote by AcousticMirror
Review: Very Shiny!

Review: Totally Tubular!!

Review: Shaped like a spaceship

Review: Very red

HNGD AM!! That's a sexy 900 as well. Looking forward to the "orange" color for the room.

EDIT: Oh and how much did the 900 cost you?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
get ready for the most inebriated a minor pentatonics this side of skynrd

I PLAY METAL
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
proof if any that gear does not equate to talent, happy new stuff day.....

hrm really took time out of your day to post that huh buddy?
I've been playing electric guitar since september. how long have you been playing? I've been picking up gear all over new england this last month so I wouldn't have to ever worry about it again. Where are your clipz at? Don't let your mouth write checks that your ass can't cash.

Here's a quick question, when listening to the tone of an amp which is a better perceptual indicator of its characteristics: A. A whole bunch of other peoples songs and awesome technique laden playing or B. Slow scales. (Hint: There is only one right answer)
Nice! you had me laughing at about every review lol :P

nut sauce...doesn't taste very nutty lol!
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
JayT44 - Technically the JCM didn't cost me anything. I had my Blackstar up for sale on Craiglist and no one was biting but one guy emailed me about a trade for the JCM and he threw in the Wasabi pedal as well. In my head I value the trade at around 600 or so? I needed a combo and the other kid needed a practice amp. win win.

The chasis is a AX84 project kit. http://shop.dobermanamps.com/product-p/kit-p1.htm. It seemed like it was the simplest amp project to start with. I've got a couple of easy effects coming from diystompboxes as well. I was planning on ripping out the inside of an MG10cd and mounting it inside but the chassis they gave me is way to long. There is of course a large chance that I'm gonna seriously injure myself building this.
Probably one of the funniest N_D's I've seen.

Congratulations on your trades/purchases!
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by AcousticMirror
hrm really took time out of your day to post that huh buddy?
I've been playing electric guitar since september. how long have you been playing? I've been picking up gear all over new england this last month so I wouldn't have to ever worry about it again. Where are your clipz at? Don't let your mouth write checks that your ass can't cash.

Here's a quick question, when listening to the tone of an amp which is a better perceptual indicator of its characteristics: A. A whole bunch of other peoples songs and awesome technique laden playing or B. Slow scales. (Hint: There is only one right answer)

been playing 23 years, have been teaching guitar 17 years, made a bunch of cash doing session work...new vids and 2nd album coming soon (another limited release -150 copies).

you never stop buying gear anyway so you will be asking again.

playing scales is not testing a amp....you need to be checking for dynamic response, harmonic response, theres a whole host of features you could of demoed in the short vids taking the same time.......a tube amp responds to the instrument totally different to a SS amp.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
been playing 23 years, have been teaching guitar 17 years, made a bunch of cash doing session work...new vids and 2nd album coming soon (another limited release -150 copies).

you never stop buying gear anyway so you will be asking again.

playing scales is not testing a amp....you need to be checking for dynamic response, harmonic response, theres a whole host of features you could of demoed in the short vids taking the same time.......a tube amp responds to the instrument totally different to a SS amp.

cool dude. Have anything else constructive to add? I'm about to hit book 2 of Modern Guitar Method...how should my playing be? Sweep arpeggios? 8 finger tapping? Help me out here.
^
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
well if your on book 2 you`re doing well...you just need to slow down on the GAS 2 guitars and a whole host of amps and effects doesn`t make you a better guitarist...if anything it makes stuff awkward trying to setup and control your tone.

consider my initial response as motivation not criticism.....considering that you`ve only been playing 6 months and are self taught knowing the pentatonics is pretty good and your fretting technique was good (i`ve heard alot worse from more experienced players)....i just got bored of hearing the same thing over and over without hearing how the amp responded to pick attack, harmonics, and open chord rings (as the main things to review).
^ I agree completely
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Nice. HNS(stuff)D

Even if I didn't like any of it, I would tell you I did, because you're just a funny dude.
Quote by Ace88
Forgive me, O bastion of ear tuning. My stringeth be old, my tuning be quick; hopefully one day your string will snap you in the dick.
Quote by AcousticMirror

I laughed my ass off. you've earned this

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by AcousticMirror
JayT44 - Technically the JCM didn't cost me anything. I had my Blackstar up for sale on Craiglist and no one was biting but one guy emailed me about a trade for the JCM and he threw in the Wasabi pedal as well. In my head I value the trade at around 600 or so? I needed a combo and the other kid needed a practice amp. win win.

So you traded your HT-5 for a 900 Combo?

Great trade bro.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
well if your on book 2 you`re doing well...you just need to slow down on the GAS 2 guitars and a whole host of amps and effects doesn`t make you a better guitarist...if anything it makes stuff awkward trying to setup and control your tone.

consider my initial response as motivation not criticism.....considering that you`ve only been playing 6 months and are self taught knowing the pentatonics is pretty good and your fretting technique was good (i`ve heard alot worse from more experienced players)....i just got bored of hearing the same thing over and over without hearing how the amp responded to pick attack, harmonics, and open chord rings (as the main things to review).

I'd like to point out that the time frame would be 5 months. But it's cool math is hard for me as well Professor Ibanez. So if I could get some more helpful motivation from you...
I count seven guitars. We'll discount the two acoustics since one is my main and the other is my toss into a bag and bring to lessons. That leaves 5 electrics which are in no particular order
PRS SE Soapbar Semi-hollow with .11 gauge strings - PRS made P-90s bridge/neck (25'' scale length)
PRS SE Custom 22 Stopbar with .10 gauge strings - PRS made humbuckers bridge/neck (25'' scale length)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard plain top - with .10 gauge strings - Epiphone made humbuckers bridge/neck and stetsbar tremolo bridge (24.75'' scale length)
Gibson Les Paul Studio plain top with .12 gauge strings with Seymour Duncan SH-1 bridge and TB59-1b in bridge/neck in coil-tap/reverse phase/series-parrallel 4push pull pot wiring (24.75'' scale length)
Gibson Les Paul DC AAA Flame Top with .13 gauge strings with Seymour Duncan Phat Cats (24.75'' scale length)

Please let me know which guitar is considered to be representative of the typical guitar instrument and most conducive to the learning of guitar talent you had commented on earlier. I will dutifully trash the rest as they would be atypical guitars.

On the topic of effects should I utilize in my pursuit of guitar tone talent? On my Steinway at home there are only 3 effects pedals, a sustain, a dampener, and a split sustain. The number of guitar effects is sure confusing. What is the consensus on acceptable effects? Please point me in the direction of a scholarly work that I might pursue on this matter.

In relation to amps here are the ones that I have right now,
THD Univalve - most 12a family pre-amp tubes + automatic biasing for 6l6, 6v6, el34, and kt family tubes
Marshall JCM900 - 12a family pre-amp tubes + el34 power tubes + diode op amp stages Celestion speaker G12T-75
Mesa Boogie Dual Rec Tremo-verb tube rectifier/ss rectifier 12a family pre-amp tubes + el34 power tubes Celestion V30 speakers
Coming Soon - Orange Dual terror - 12a family pre-amp tubes + el84 power tubes
Marshal 1960a Lead Cab - G12t-75 speakers

Please inform me which of these amps and tube combinations produce most faithfully the standardized guitar instrument tone. Also, to minimize my collection of tubes, what tube brands are required for said tonal production. Additionally, which speakers are the most accurate.

In exchange for your informed opinion I will gladly run the tests that you have requested. For the test labeled "response to pick attack" please provide me with a chart of acceptable test controls from 2 standard amps with the variable response mapped as a ratio of angular velocity/length of contact. For harmonics and open chord rings please provide reference tone samples from 2 standard amps in all major keys, as well as harmonic, melodic and relative minors. all modal variations could also be provided for a more complete comparative fidelity/deviation analysis.

Thanks in advance Professor Ibanez! Looking forward to doing the tests properly!
cool gear but you really dont need it. in my opinion what you have is a bit excessive. for 5 months i have to say your moving along very nicely. but i think you have too much gear for your skill level. you seem to actually know about your gear so that is good. but you dont need is all i am saying. it doesnt take all of that stuff to get a good tone out of your amp. knowing how to EQ the amp and just plugging it into your guitar can give you a wonderful tone. especially with guitars your have and that mesa. but then again its mainly opinion
No such thing as excessive gear, ESPECIALLY when you know all about each piece of kit you've got.

I must say you're a hell of alot of a better guitarist at 6 months than myself. I'm glad to see you're passionate about the instrument as you've put alot more work into knowing gear than I did at that point in my playing. I can see you've really done your research, bro.

Another thing: just because someone has the means to purchase something doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing, or that they shouldn't buy it because they don't "deserve" it... it doesn't make sense to be playing on a 10 watt MG just because you can't play at 10 notes per second when you know it sounds like crap.

HNGD, btw.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 10, 2010,
He has a lot of gear, and he deserves it because of his sense of humour.

Which probably contributed to the job he has to pay for it.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
There isn't anybody that flat-out doesn't deserve their gear, unless they never use it.

It's his money, he can buy what he likes with it.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
congrats on the gear. i meant to stop by earlier.

you're a funny guy but leave the other fella alone. not sure what that's about.
no reason for hard feelings, i think pics speak for themselves.

and personally, imo, if you can afford it, none of my beeswax. have at it.

anyway, nice stuff
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^^

A gearnerd after 6 months is a player who deserves the gear he has IMO. Digging your choice of guitars too
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Page 1 of 2