Page 1 of 2
Okay, last night I had two dreams that many would consider to be quite odd and even disturbing. I've got some insight as to interpreting them, but I'd like to know what the Pit thinks:

First dream:
It starts off with my dad and me leaving vacation to come back home (I have no idea where we are, but it looks faintly like a desert valley-type setting). He and I are walking towards a bus, and I start to feel dizzy, and things fade out. The next scene in this dream is my mom welcoming me home and motioning for a hug (I have no idea why my mom and sister weren't with my dad and me, because my parents are still together). I stretch out towards my mom to hug her, but I start to slow down until I'm completely stopped. I stop right before I reach her, and then it fades again. The next part I remember is in the dream, I was dreaming, and I woke up in the dream. I sat up in my bed, I couldn't move my arms or anything besides standing up and moving my mouth. I try to scream and nothing comes out for quite some time. Finally, there's a small peep that emits from my mouth, and that's all. It then goes back to the scene of me freezing when trying to hug my mother. Once again I "wake up," but this time I can't even sit up.

At this point I actually wake up and check the time, yada yada yada, and go back to sleep.

Second dream:
I'm sitting on my couch watching tv, when I notice blood on my cheek. I rush into my bathroom to see what is happening, and I see that my nose is bleeding. I get a tissue and stop it up, and while doing this I start bleeding out of my mouth. I start to panic and frantically look for gauze and bandages (I have no idea why). After no success finding those items I start to run to the door to get my parents. Before I take off I see myself in the mirror and now I am bleeding out of my eyes. I'm completely shocked with fear, and after a very small amount of time I collapse and the scene gets hazy. The blood is not just trickling out, it's gushing quite significantly. I realize that I'm losing too much blood, and eventually black out. I wake up on my couch, with no blood anywhere, run downstairs, and tell my mom about the experience. I start to cry and she hugs me and tells me it's all going to be okay.

It just faded out from there.

Anyways, here's some background about my current life: I've recently suffered heartbreak, betrayal of friends, and I'm sort of struggling in school (and I'm an honors student in AP classes). I haven't talked to anyone about any of this.

Well, like I said, I have my ideas about interpreting those dreams, and I'll discuss them in a little bit, but for now I want the Pit's opinion.

Sorry for the novel!

EDIT: And in regards to the first dream: I was not experiencing sleep paralysis. I have experienced sleep paralysis many times before, and most of the time I actually enjoy it. And in regards to the second dream: just before I fainted, I thought I was going to bleed to death, and I was quite shocked when I "woke up" alive. I was more confused when I found no trace of blood.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Jan 8, 2010,
Just your pent up emotions showing up in your dreams.

Your looking for compassion but haven't openly shown you want it so you aren't getting any.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
The blood in your second dream is your emotions coming out. Your mom in the first dream is an outlet for those emotions.

Talk to her about your heartbreak and what happened with your friends , give her a hug, and find out what you dream about next.

Edit: I was talking out of my ass but after a google search, it says: Dreams of blood often have to do with a weakened heart for whatever reason. Hugs have to do with comfort and security.

So, you not hugging your mother shows you have trouble with trust right now and you bleeding has to do with your heart.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by mcjosh
Wtf?

at least it's not another tubgirl picture

Ugh, thank god. I almost vomit all over my iMac.

To TS: Talk to somebody, seriously. It may seem difficult, but you'll appreciate it in the future.
Hey TS.

At least they aren't like the only nightmare I've had that I can remember.

Quote by CrossBack7
This one time, I had a dream that I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.

So yea I know how you feel about freaking out sorta, but its just a dream so dont worry about it.
Quote by mcjosh
Wtf?

at least it's not another tubgirl picture

I know right? I made the mistake of posting in that thread (even though I knew right off the bat it was a troll thread) and as a result, I got warned. Definitely a stupid move on my behalf.

TS, does your school have a collaborative/counseling program? If it does, then I strongly recommend that you make appointments there. That's what I did at my old school when I was having a hard time getting along with my dad. I also recommended it to one of my friends when one of his friends committed suicide. Trust me, they WILL listen to you.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Jan 8, 2010,
I have this dream book that my mom bought a while ago. Basically like a dictionary where you look up certain words, in your case "hugging" or "bleeding" and it tells you what the dream could be about. It's scary accurate too.
Quote by rocknrolldude43
TS, does your school have a collaborative/counseling program? If it does, then I strongly recommend that you make appointments there. That's what I did at my old school when I was having a hard time getting along with my dad. I also recommended it to one of my friends when one of his friends committed suicide. Trust me, they WILL listen to you.

Well... they do.... but my mom is the counselor... Yeah... And my dad is a clinical psychologist. Being the son of not one... but TWO therapists can really screw you up.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Anyways, onto my theories:

I think the paralysis represents my feeling of lack of control over the situation, and the blood loss is my weakening.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Anyways, onto my theories:

I think the paralysis represents my feeling of lack of control over the situation, and the blood loss is my weakening.

I think the paralysis is the fact that you're not going out to talk to someone about your problems.

You want to but you can't bring yourself to do it, like the paralysis. You want to move but you can't get yourself to do it.

The blood is a replacement for your problems in your dream and something for you to talk to someone(your mom?) with about.

Quote by CrossBack7
To dream that you are bleeding or losing blood, signifies that you are suffering from exhaustion or that you are feeling emotionally drained.

To dream that you are immobile, signifies feelings of being trapped or that you are rigid in your attitudes and decisions.

However, symbolically, dreaming that you are paralyzed may mean you are feeling helpless or pinned down in some aspects or circumstances of your waking life. You may feel unable to deal with a situation or that you can't do or change anything. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are feeling emotionally paralyzed. You are having difficulties expressing your feelings.
Quote by YesterdaysToday
To dream that you are bleeding or losing blood, signifies that you are suffering from exhaustion or that you are feeling emotionally drained.

To dream that you are immobile, signifies feelings of being trapped or that you are rigid in your attitudes and decisions.

However, symbolically, dreaming that you are paralyzed may mean you are feeling helpless or pinned down in some aspects or circumstances of your waking life. You may feel unable to deal with a situation or that you can't do or change anything. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are feeling emotionally paralyzed. You are having difficulties expressing your feelings.

I do feel all of that, and believe me guys, if I had a good outlet to talk about these things, I would be, but like I said, my mom is the school therapist, and I don't have the money to go to another therapist. My parents know I'm not well, but they don't really know the extent of it. They've tried to talk to me about it, but I usually dismiss it. I'm really embarrassed about being so down. I mean, I live a comfortable lifestyle, but lately shit has really hit the fan in my life. Sometimes I will talk to them about it, but I always inadvertently understate everything.

Quote by John Frusciante
Eh, I'm gonna bump because it's almost off of the front page and I'd like more perspectives.

Quote by John Frusciante
That's pretty ****ed up.

I once had a dream about Armageddon, but not like what you are thinking. It was God ****ing with us and destroying time and space all together. I woke up like usual, and everyone was dying, buildings were collapsing, etc. Then the ground just suddenly turned to liquid and I began floating around, listening to the dying screams of everyone around me, and then time ****ed up and every imaginable thing happened. Then everything just sort of disolved to nothing, and then I felt what eternal nothingness was like. I can't explain it, but it was pretty ****ing scary.
Quote by slipknot5678
That's pretty ****ed up.

I once had a dream about Armageddon, but not like what you are thinking. It was God ****ing with us and destroying time and space all together. I woke up like usual, and everyone was dying, buildings were collapsing, etc. Then the ground just suddenly turned to liquid and I began floating around, listening to the dying screams of everyone around me, and then time ****ed up and every imaginable thing happened. Then everything just sort of disolved to nothing, and then I felt what eternal nothingness
was like. I can't explain it, but it was pretty ****ing scary.

I had an armageddon type dream as well.

Some guy busted into my house and shot me and my cousin down.

The dream continued and me and my cousin ended up as ghosts. We could see and communicate to each other but not the living people.

I don't know how it got here but the dream got to a point where every person was walking in a huge line through a large sandy wasteland with the wind blowing sand everywhere.

It was kinda dark and yellowish and dull and you could barely see anything except for the hundreds of people walking by.

Strange dream.

Quote by CrossBack7
Well, pretty much everything I was gonna say has already been said. Dammit....

You need to talk to someone about this. I think the obvious choice is your mom, since you keep dreaming of wanting to hug her and all.
Sail upon the open skies
I always get the dreams where you need to run away from something, usually some form of physical hazard, and no matter how hard you try, you just can't get yourself to move. It's the most frustrating/confusing feeling ever.

Like just recently, I had one where an airliner crashed in a field near my house, and we all were supposed to evacuate the neighborhood because the crash caused several of the houses to catch on fire, but I couldn't move my legs. Every time I tried, I fell over, and some invisible force pushed me back into the house, and I knew that if I didn't escape I'd be burned to death. And my family all left without me.... not a fun dream.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Last edited by E_squared at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by E_squared
I always get the dreams where you need to run away from something, usually some form of physical hazard, and no matter how hard you try, you just can't get yourself to move. It's the most frustrating/confusing feeling ever.

Nahhh...

The "punch something but there's no ****in force behind the punches so nothing happens no matter how much or hard you try" types are the worst.

Quote by CrossBack7
Well this isn't good. I'm finding myself unable to sleep tonight because of those two dreams. It's not exactly fear of having them or similar dreams again, I just can't stop thinking about them. I wish I had talked to my dad about them today while he was awake. I think I'll discuss it with him tomorrow.

Quote by John Frusciante
Pretty lucky. I love nightmares. Sure they're scary to be in, but after they're over you realize it was such an awesome adrenaline rush and you sit there and think about it and play it over and over in your head. I don't have them very often and I haven't had a really good one in ages.
punch a whale........ that'll solve everything
The more you study the more you know. The more you know the more you forget......... so why study
The second dream just means that someone in your house has earned teir psychic powers.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Probably means you need to be closer to your mother.

I had this one dream once, and it was pretty wierd, not really so much because of what happened in it, but because it had two parts to it, each broken up by when i woke up.

In the first part of the dream, i was walking through what looked like a suburban street, and i came across a house that seemed fairly normal but something was a bit strange about it, it looked just like something you would see in a 1950s tv show in the suburbs or something, but then i woke up, when i went back to sleep, i had the same dream again, but this time, when i came to the house, it was on fire, like, a huge raging fire which swept across the trees around it and everything, and thats all i can remember, pretty wierd.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I have this recurring dream where I was in an empty room... Sort of like a padded cell.. And it was getting bigger and bigger or I was getting smaller.. I call out for help and no sound comes out of my mouth.. Soon after that I hear people screaming.

It screws me up, I wake up after a few screams and I can still hear them whilst awake.
I had a weird dream last night too. Well the dream itself wasn't weird but what happened as I was waking up was weird. In my head I heard a voice "You have a visitor." and reality starts to come back into focus as I wake up. Theres a mouse running around on my floor...

Now that was a mindf*ck.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
All my dreams recently have been epic lucid dreams where I hang out with a certain chick and we go to concerts then hang out at a hotel over night.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
to quote Steven Fry.

"Your gay"

QI ftw

edit: Linky
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Jan 9, 2010,
TS, the thing about dreams is that they can all be interpreted to mean you're gay. Similarly, it's possible to interpret not remembering dreams a meaning you're gay.

Long story short, everyone is gay, and is going to get bad AIDS.
I don't like having dreams

MLK had a dream and look where that got him
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Well I was going to talk to my dad about it this morning.... but things kind of went wrong.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Well I was going to talk to my dad about it this morning.... but things kind of went wrong.

Erotically wrong?
Quote by MightyAl
Erotically wrong?

No... as in due to my lack of sleep last night I was exhausted this morning and I was supposed to help him do something, and while I still had every intention of helping, he asked me if I wanted to while I was half asleep, and I said, well I don't want to... but, and before I could finish myself he just said "okay" and left the room. I fell back asleep and he walked back in right before leaving and said "I just want to let you know that I'm disappointed and angry." I didn't remember that I told him I didn't want to go, so I was confused as hell. After trying to apologize, he was still angry, and so I said "okay, just give me five minutes and I'll be ready." He replied "Why would I do that? I want you to voluntarily be a part of this family. Go back to sleep."

So he's out now, coming home soon, and I feel like shit about the whole situation.

Quote by John Frusciante
I was backpacking through The Ande's in a field when a pack of wild boars attacked me, I jumped into a lake to escape them and then I got tangled in lakeweed and drowned.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
No... as in due to my lack of sleep last night I was exhausted this morning and I was supposed to help him do something, and while I still had every intention of helping, he asked me if I wanted to while I was half asleep, and I said, well I don't want to... but, and before I could finish myself he just said "okay" and left the room. I fell back asleep and he walked back in right before leaving and said "I just want to let you know that I'm disappointed and angry." I didn't remember that I told him I didn't want to go, so I was confused as hell. After trying to apologize, he was still angry, and so I said "okay, just give me five minutes and I'll be ready." He replied "Why would I do that? I want you to voluntarily be a part of this family. Go back to sleep."

So he's out now, coming home soon, and I feel like shit about the whole situation.
Then maybe he's had time to cool off, and the two of you can talk about it like adults.
Maybe start with "sorry about this morning, I hadn't slept well and was feeling cranky".
Page 1 of 2