Hey guys, I just need help picking an amp out of these:

Vox AC4TV 8''
Bugera v5

Maybe fender champ.... probably not..

First of all, I have a budget of about 170-180... no more. I play classic rock and blues and regular riffs and all that good stuff. I need an nice little amp to play inside my home.

I'm really going for the VOX, seems real nice. Any others out there that you may suggest, perhaps?
Equipment

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Vox Night Train + Avatar 212
Looking for pedals!
I'm definitely not playing heavy metal at all. I may play some Guns N' Roses and AC/DC and stuff around there and then mostly blues and classic rock.
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
The vox is awesome, go for it. May get one myself in the future
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by namesroverrated
The vox is awesome, go for it. May get one myself in the future

Ok, cool I was worried I thought the 10'' was so much better. But it's actually not. I don't think it's worth the extra $70 bucks for the 10''.
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
Quote by MetalGuitarest
vox would be perfect for that.. unless your playing heavy metal.. with extreme gain, don't get the burgera as the vox will suit yeh

The Bugera V5 is NOT, I repeat NOT for Metal. It is for Classic Rock, Blues and Jazz (mostly). It can definitely get you a decent Cream sound, Led Zep-ish if you push it a bit. Nice cleans, nice sounding Reverb, 3-way attenuator (5-1-.1 watt), takes pedals decently so long as you don't add gain. I love mine.
Do you have any sort of cab? I've been looking at the AC4TVH lately and have seen them go on ebay relatively cheap. Just an option to consider.
No I don't, but I don't really need something real loud. I want great tone which seems to be on the VOX.

Anyone like those?
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
Why so? What's the difference?
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
You get a lot more depth and bass response from a 10 than an 8. Strange because over here there doesn't seem to be much of a price difference at all. All you can do is try to judge the difference by playing it, because I would never trust youtube clips and such like, all horribly compressed and you never know how they've been tweaked. But personally I would much rather have a 10" speaker
Ah I see, I would get the 10'' but I can't stretch my budget that far.

Is the fender super champ vibro better?
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
Last edited by Gibson74 at Jan 9, 2010,
Not played it. The vox I know will do all the things you said in your first post, and will do them well. I haven't had as much experience with others, like I said if possible try everything out.
The normal champ is nice but only a 6" speaker and no gain/MV (It's great for some things, probably gonna get one for jamming at school).
Bugera looks nice but I don't trust their reliability.
Havent played the other little fenders, but they're very versatile from the specs, depends wether you need all the features.
It might be worth looking at the new little laney cubs, around the same price I think. Just some more ideas
Alright cool. I'll look at those too. But I think I'm still gonna look for those Vox too.

Do you guys recommend the Vox VT15? Is it better than the VC4tv? I don't think it is, since it's a modeling amp.

Help?
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
Last edited by Gibson74 at Jan 9, 2010,
I think you're better off looking at all valve. The VT15 would be excellent if you needed all the FX, but the AC4 will have better out and out tone, so long as you can live with just vol/tone controls