Agile Interceptor Pro 725
I've been in the market for a new guitar and amp recently, and this is the guitar I've possibly settled on, although a make-or-break quality for me is the quality of the Licensed Floyd Rose on the guitar. Having never played an Agile with a Floyd Rose, I'd like to ask, what is UG's opinion on Agile's Floyds?
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
As far as I'm aware, they're your generic LFR. Probably not terrible, but worth replacing at some point.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
That's a bit disappointing, then, lol. I was hoping for something I could wail on like I was Kerry King or Synyster Gates (I've been known to do that at times :P)
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
If you want to do that, get something with a reputable FR. For $700, there's this: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2L-Dinky-LeftHanded-Electric-Guitar?sku=520319
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
$676.24 (shipping included) was kind of pushing my budget, and I'm kind of set on investing on something with EMGs and neck-thru construction. Luckily, I'm not going to be heavily abusing the trem as much as Kerry and Synyster would, although there would definitely be moments where I'm Dime-squealing or doing massive dives. Would that be a big issue for the Agile trem?

Also, just in case you didn't notice, the Interceptor Pro 725 is a seven-string :P
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
I'll be honest, I tried to find something with a really heavy grade FR for less than $700, and that's all I could find. No worries, though - if it sucks, there's always the OFR-7.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
That's true.
And besides, I'm intending to replace the saddles with GraphTech StringSaver saddles with piezo/midi pickups, eventually, which would do quite a bit to help with tuning, as they're self-lubricating teflon saddles.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by Justice4AllOne
That's true.
And besides, I'm intending to replace the saddles with GraphTech StringSaver saddles with piezo/midi pickups, eventually, which would do quite a bit to help with tuning, as they're self-lubricating teflon saddles.

Really? I think you might be the first person I've seen actually do the mod, supposedly it's a bit of a bitch when you have to mill through the bridge plate for the piezo/midi cables from the saddles.
Being a lefty wanting a 7-string piezo system, that's about my only option
Besides, I think it'd be worth it, as I'd get acoustic and midi effects, as well as better tone and tuning stability. That's how I see it, anyway :P
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
It always works out in your head up until the moment you sit down and start working on it and realise how much shit you're in :P: Best of luck though the bridge should be 'fun'
I have some machining experience :P
If getting a wire through the base plate is anything like restoring a sportscar (which we've put plenty of holes in :P) I should be fine, lmao.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened