Well, my dad is thinking about getting about a Bose Wave sound system. I did some searching on the web and the phrase "No high or lows, must be Bose" keeps popping up. This is said by audiophiles who say that Bose is all marketing.

BUT, one of the advantages is the all in one package of the Bose Wave sound system. The audiophiles obiously would put more effort into setting up a sound system than my dad.

So my question is:

What other sounds systems similar to the Bose one (one unit or easy to set up) would be a better alternative? ($300-$500 range)
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Well, my dad is thinking about getting about a Bose Wave sound system. I did some searching on the web and the phrase "No high or lows, must be Bose" keeps popping up. This is said by audiophiles who say that Bose is all marketing.

BUT, one of the advantages is the all in one package of the Bose Wave sound system. The audiophiles obiously would put more effort into setting up a sound system than my dad.

So my question is:

What other sounds systems similar to the Bose one (one unit or easy to set up) would be a better alternative? ($300-$500 range)
Talk him out of it. I've listened to them. The Wave Music System is very unsatisfying.

Over twice the cost, but well worth it, the Acoustic Wave Music System:

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.