I want to change my standard 6point tremolo on my strat with a more stable one.. ive been looking at floyd rose's but there's a bit of routing work to do. i want to play stuff like EVH . (divebombs etc...). what should i look for? is the Fender Deluxe Locking Tremolo any good? thanks
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Quote by peterocker
I want to change my standard 6point tremolo on my strat with a more stable one.. ive been looking at floyd rose's but there's a bit of routing work to do. i want to play stuff like EVH . (divebombs etc...). what should i look for? is the Fender Deluxe Locking Tremolo any good? thanks

Seriously....

I suggest go and try a Ibanez RG.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
yes i know ... if i would buy another guitar i would defenitly get and Ibanez Presitge Rg or The Fender with Floyd Rose... but i would like to have just my strat no other guitars
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
is there anyway to fit it without routing?. i hear that EVH didnt route his.
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
buy another guitar

best way
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
His original strat had a fender tremolo I thought. He put granite in his nut to have the strings hold better. Then again I may be completely wrong.
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Quote by sixstringedmatt
His original strat had a fender tremolo I thought. He put granite in his nut to have the strings hold better. Then again I may be completely wrong.

you are probably thinking of graphite. it allows the strings to glide across the nut better without sticking to it as that's often one of the reasons tremolo abuse ends up detuning guitars.

Of course, a well set up 6-point strat trem should handle divebombs reasonably well, i'm not aware of any other available options that wouldn't involve cutting into the wood.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jan 9, 2010,