Down to this or a Bugera 333xl....which one? why? Have you played both? Cost between the 2 is negligible (peavey is used)
How much noise (hiss)? Any issues?
BTW, I play lots of older Metallica (kill em all-black album) Static X, Scorpions, Rammstien...you get the idea
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
i had the ultra+ and it sounded good, but flat, no matter how i eq'd it, even in the fx loop the overall tone of the amp was dead. i dont like older peaveys. 333xl will give you more tonal options no doubt. but even that has its limits..
I havent played a 333XL, but I'd get the Peavey. Bugeras have (or have had) reliability issues, and I simply wouldnt trust them. Peavey's are built like tanks, especially older ones. They will sound similar considering the 333XL is a XXX (I think) clone and the Ultra Plus was the predecessor of the XXX. IMO the Peavey is a better choice overall.
Quote by littlephil
I havent played a 333XL, but I'd get the Peavey. Bugeras have (or have had) reliability issues, and I simply wouldnt trust them. Peavey's are built like tanks, especially older ones. They will sound similar considering the 333XL is a XXX (I think) clone and the Ultra Plus was the predecessor of the XXX. IMO the Peavey is a better choice overall.

good point the peaveys will last you no problems...