So I was plugging my guitar into my Presonus Inspire, just to lay down a VST track for a song idea. Little did I know the volume was turned up on it pretty high (probably from using a microphone in pre-amp 1 before). I got some distorted sound through my headphones and speakers, and next thing I know, it's gone before I turn the guitar down. I took a look at the Inspire settings, and the volume was still up high. I slowly turned my guitar volume up, and got barely any signal. Tried cranking it with the boost engaged, but it's essentially useless :/

Blown pre-amp I assume? Is there an easy fix to this problem? (replace it, buy a seperate small, cheap pre-amp?) than to go through the hassle of warranty? (Don't feel like being without a recording unit for 6-8 weeks, and am not really in a position to go dump a load of cash on a nice unit atm). Instrument/mic input 2 still work just fine, fyi.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Hit up Presonus's Tech Support. You may still be under warranty so you may be able to get a replacement.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
You'll get that on warranty, the manual didn't say anything about it (i didn't see it my firestudo project's manual). or just pretend "it happened without you doing anything".

Afterwards remind yourself to not do the same mistake again. everytime you are going to use your interface.
Yeah, this situation is sort of why I wish I had in interface with PHYSICAL knobs on it, instead of software based controls.

I'm still hoping to find some kind of easy way out of this, or some cheap device to hold me off until I get it back if I do send it in though, as I'm in a situation where I'm trying to get a rough demo of some songs done :/ shitty timing, eh?
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff