Page 1 of 3
Guys I was wondering, What are some songs that have something that you feel is completely unnecessary?

In my opinion, it would be the end of "Make you feel better" by RHCP. Such a good song with a very annoying ending.

Your turn!
The solo in Stairway to Heaven

<_<
>_>
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
The solo in Stairway to Heaven

<_<
>_>

*gets chainsaw*

Say what boy?!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
The intro to Sweet child o' mine, the rest of the song isn't that annoying though.
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
The intro to Sweet child o' mine, the rest of the song isn't that annoying though.

Yea the intro is way to long in my opinion.
Quote by LordBishek
Phil Collins basically is the King Midas of music, except with horse manure instead of gold.

Selling England by the Pound, fool.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
the outro to Audioslave's "Nothing Left to Say But Goodbye." Makes me cringe.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by LordBishek
Phil Collins basically is the King Midas of music, except with horse manure instead of gold.

Gets my vote for 'Funniest Analogy of the Year.'
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
In the song "The Memory Remains" by Metallica (which is awesome BTW) they have this really WTF-part that kinda almost destroys the whole song.
It's that part where this ugly voice goes "la-da-da-da-daaa..." right in the middle of the song.

Seriously, what the fuck is that supposed to be?
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by littlephil
The end of Bad Horsie by Steve Vai. Stupid donkey.

This. I always change the song right before it ends so my parents don't think I'm watching something sus
In Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah toward the end, where he's singing softly and then he kinda yells "HALLELUJAH". So many time I've been at complete peace when listening to that song, and that bit comes on its snaps me out of it.
It doesn't really RUIN the song, but it's weird...

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by Le_Bunny
James Labrie, 'nuff said.

*Runs*

Definitely. The F#5 in Learning To Live was completely unnecessary and completely ruined the song...
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Le_Bunny
James Labrie, 'nuff said.

*Runs*

YOU BETTER RUN
Seriously though, I dont get why people dont like his singing. I like his voice, and IMO, DT wouldnt sound anywhere near as good as they do with any other singer. I'd rather his voice than gargling-acid-and-gravel vocals most metal bands have nowadays.
As mentioned earlier, Bad Horsie ending. I also dislike ending of The Riddle.
"Sex scene" in Dream Theater's Home.
Intro to Five Magics by Megadeth.

These parts don't ruin the songs but they aren't necessary IMO.
I kind of liked Muse for while.

Then I listened and discovered the BREATHING. The BREATHING between every word or phrase Mat Bellamy sings.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by littlephil
YOU BETTER RUN
Seriously though, I dont get why people dont like his singing. I like his voice, and IMO, DT wouldnt sound anywhere near as good as they do with any other singer. I'd rather his voice than gargling-acid-and-gravel vocals most metal bands have nowadays.

He isn't a bad singer, probably just overshadowed by the other members. If the members weren't as proficient at their instruments, less people would feel that he is the "weak link" in the group.

I wish DT would make more instrumentals though.
Now that you mention DT, when Scene of a memory came out there is one song toward the end that in the middle have gun shots and screams.

I don't know but that ruined it for me.

( Im not a Big DT fan so i don't bother with names )
Quote by Eruption1991
In the song "The Memory Remains" by Metallica (which is awesome BTW) they have this really WTF-part that kinda almost destroys the whole song.
It's that part where this ugly voice goes "la-da-da-da-daaa..." right in the middle of the song.

This.

Also, every part of every Jonas brothers song
Last edited by Kevin19 at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by KTFM

But seriously, That Jeff Buckley-Hallelujah thing? I'd say that adds to the sound rather than detracting, but that may just be me.

Yeah, I never said it was a bad thing, but it's just really bizzare to listen to considering the rest of the song is so soft and peaceful

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by qwerty_555
Yeah, I never said it was a bad thing, but it's just really bizzare to listen to considering the rest of the song is so soft and peaceful

Ah, fair enough.

And to add, Hurt NIN, just the distorted guitar in the very last chorus. I understand the dynamic build and it works, but I reckon in the very last line of it, it wasn't really needed. Otherwise, amazing song. I prefer it to the Cash cover.
Quote by KTFM

Guns N Roses. Axl Rose.

Yeah that part where he sings anything and flips out towards pretty much anyone he is in contact with is pretty annoying.

Theres alot of parts in Mr Bungles songs that are really annoying, like at the end of "My ass is on fire", its an awesome song, but for the last 2 minutes or so its just Patton saying "REdunDANT" over and over again in an increasingly annoying voice.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by handbanana78
Now that you mention DT, when Scene of a memory came out there is one song toward the end that in the middle have gun shots and screams.

I don't know but that ruined it for me.

( Im not a Big DT fan so i don't bother with names )

It's called Finally Free. That bit was totally necessary, plotline wise. So was the sex scene in Home, although it really should have been in The Dance of Eternity.
I don't see what's wrong with Jame's voice tbh
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
B|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|---0--3--5--0--3--6--5--0--3--5--3--0-------------------------------|
Quote by Primus2112
I kind of liked Muse for while.

Then I listened and discovered the BREATHING. The BREATHING between every word or phrase Mat Bellamy sings.

I pretty bad on the earlier albums, but i think they got rid of it on the last two. I personally don't notice it that much though
Quote by Eruption1991

HEY! I like that part (at least better than the rest of the song)

To contribute:
I hate how the solo on the song Another Day by DT starts, the rest of the song is awesome, but Petrucci should have worked more on the solo.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
the end of all most every me first and the gimme gimmes songs when they go HELL YEAH WOOOP
The solo of Throught The Fire And Flames

I like Dragonforce, but sometimes their solos sound stupid (sometimes only the shred part, and most of the time, no part of the solo).
Any and all songs that have a long silence at the end (normally the last announced song on the album) to try to cover up the hidden track. My itunes and sound system detect that theres and extra song anyway so it's not very well hidden, and it results in me turning off even the greatest song just because the last 2 minutes is silence.

Or when instead of silence they play some silly little scale which is completely off key compared to the song it ruins the end of.

Oh and synth solos.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
As much as I respect George Harrison, those early Beatles songs; the guitar solos. some are quite awful. Particularly if you pan them hard right or left.
Quote by halvies
I pretty bad on the earlier albums, but i think they got rid of it on the last two. I personally don't notice it that much though

Pretty much this. It's way more audible pre-SMBH. It's still pretty much there when you see them live, though.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by Todd Hart

Oh and synth solos.

ZKIASUAUF

And on topic, the little interlude in Under a Serpent Sun after he screams "Stricken numb by fear I fall". The next part seems so out of place.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
Heartbreaker solo.

*Not sure if serious...*
YNWA
The solo in Shackler's Revenge by GNR. God, the ONE ****in' solo by bumblefoot on the whole record, and it makes no sense.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Page 1 of 3