I've got Jackson RR3 through a digitech death metal pedal and a squire 10-watt. I've being using this set up for a year now and its been working perfectly fine since now. when i turn on the death metal pedal now, i get this weak low gain thick distortion, to be perfectly frank, it sounds terrible. i've tried adjusting all the knobs and e.t.c. but it hasnt worked out at all. I cant see anything wrong with the pickups, i swapped the leads. i needs your help ug.
A Jackson RR3 through a Digitech DM into a Squire 10 Watt amp.

That sounds pretty horrible already, sorry.

Just check all the knobs, your input jacks might be loose, check all the cables, maybe the guitar has an internal problem.
Flat battery in the pedal?? - you don't say if you have plugged into the mains or not.
I've had a similar problem with my gear. It's just too much for the amp. I guess you have 8" or a 10" speaker. They sure can handle it if they're high end, but I doubt that yours are.

It's called clipping, when the signal is too loud and gets distorted.
Sound like a week battery or bad transformer for your pedal if you have it plugged in.

John
I had the same problem with a distortion pedal, change the batteries and it should work. Unless theres something lose in there that needs changing, try your amp without the pedal and see if that works perfectly, then you'll know if its the amp with the problem or the pedal
GEAR :

Ibanez SA260FM
Burswood Strat Copy
Marshall GV-2 Distortion
Crate FlexWave 120 Amp

[quote="'JE[F"]F']I've got Jackson RR3 through a digitech death metal pedal and a squire 10-watt. I've being using this set up for a year now and its been working perfectly fine since now. when i turn on the death metal pedal now, i get this weak low gain thick distortion, to be perfectly frank, it sounds terrible. i've tried adjusting all the knobs and e.t.c. but it hasnt worked out at all. I cant see anything wrong with the pickups, i swapped the leads. i needs your help ug.

Wait, What did you do to the pickups?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
[quote="'JE[F"]F']I've got Jackson RR3 through a digitech death metal pedal and a squire 10-watt. I've being using this set up for a year now and its been working perfectly fine since now. when i turn on the death metal pedal now, i get this weak low gain thick distortion, to be perfectly frank, it sounds terrible. i've tried adjusting all the knobs and e.t.c. but it hasnt worked out at all. I cant see anything wrong with the pickups, i swapped the leads. i needs your help ug. i don't get it...

if it had been working fine up until this point (with the leads in the correct position), what in the world made you think that swapping the pickup leads would help?

your pedal is very likely just running low on batteries.
When you say you swapped the leads to you mean the cord? I have heard some people call guitar cords leads usually people from overseas not here in the states.

John
Quote by Gargoyle2500
Wait, What did you do to the pickups?

By leads he means cables. He didn't do anything to the pickups, just switched the cables from his guitar --> pedal -->amp.

Our buddies overseas use weird words
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
change ur batteries or maybe the speakers in ur amp are fu*ked...
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
I'm on the batteries or amp bandwagon too.

I'm still mystified how you got to be playing a $700 guitar though a $7 amp.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
it sounds like you need a new amplifier
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by Even Bigger D
I'm on the batteries or amp bandwagon too.

I'm still mystified how you got to be playing a $700 guitar though a $7 amp.

i bought some crappy beginner guitar pack like 5 years ago and been using that until last year when i bought my jackson =D.

anyways thanks everyone for the help! the pedal is still under warranty so i'll just get it replaced if its the problem.
[quote="'JE[F"]F']i bought some crappy beginner guitar pack like 5 years ago and been using that until last year when i bought my jackson =D.

anyways thanks everyone for the help! the pedal is still under warranty so i'll just get it replaced if its the problem.

You should see my mate, has about 5 guitars, which cost over $400AU, has a digitech death metal and a mg50. I told him he should save for a new amp, he simply replied "i like my tone though"
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
>I've got Jackson RR3 through a digitech death metal pedal and a squire 10-watt.

>Jackson RR3 digitech death metal pedal squire 10-watt.

>death metal squire 10-watt.

>squire 10-watt.

Found your problem.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Quaned
You should see my mate, has about 5 guitars, which cost over $400AU, has a digitech death metal and a mg50. I told him he should save for a new amp, he simply replied "i like my tone though"

That's not too bad for a period of time (few months only) I had to play my Eclipse through some cheap ass 15W mega amp until I got a HRD. Luckily I had my pickups changed to the SD instead of keeping the stock EMGs.
i would sell the amp and pedal and get a used line 6 spider its best to have a amp that has distortion then getting it from a pedal pedals sound like shit
He seems to have been happy with his sound before this problem. I would try the guitar thru the amp with out the pedal and see what it sound like if the problem seems to persist then you can rule out the pedal. Next I would see if I could try the guitar thru another amp. If it sounds good it's the amp if it still bad it's something in the guitar. Bad pot, bad switch, bad ground, loose or shorted wires etc. Getting a better amp is always a plus if it turns out it's your amp take you pedal and guitar to a store and try new amps out with and with out the pedal. Most SS amps have everything you need built in.

Some people are happy with their amps I have been trying to get my friend to ditch his Marshall MG 100 full stack (That he bought from me) and get a better amp but he seems to love it. I keep telling him I unloaded it for a reason I didn't even want to sell it to him but he kept insisting. I see people recommending Roland Cubes saying how great they are all the time and IMHO they are the absolute worse amps I ever tried even worse than my little Marshall MG 10 hell, my Marshall MS4 battery operated amp sounds better than any Roland amp I have used. So amps are are personal preference just like what guitars people choose.

As far as getting a Line 6 Spider I love mine and use it for practice and gigging it works well for me because I took the time to learn how to use it. Again you need to try them out and make your own decision.

John