Wicker Man (original)
Psycho series
Alien series
The Fog (original)
Silence Of The Lambs
Secret Window
The Reaping
etc.

I know some are thrillers more than horror (e.g. Secret Window, Reaping etc.) but still
No slashers
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Why don't you watch one of those films you just listed?
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
-Saw (The first one, maybe the second one... they are more psychological than the other ones, which have been slowly deteriorating in quality since lionsgate have been demanding more profit and less fan rewards)

-Dead Silence. Seriously this will creep the hell out of you...

-28 days later

-Zombie Virus on Mulburry Street

-Puppet Master

-The Thing
Generalisations =/= Prejedice
If you don't mind Asian films then give these a try:

To Sir With Love (Korean)
Whispering Corridors (Korean)
Tale of Two Sisters (Korean)
Audition (Japanese)
Ju-on [the first few are quite good] (Japanese)
Ringu (Japanese)
Art of Devil [any except the first one] (Thai)
Shutter (Thai).

They're all quite good, although generally they're more thrillers than horror films.

Matt.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Quote by the666thmessiah

-28 days later

+1, awesome movie.

White noise is pretty good too.
Last edited by mini_groning at Jan 9, 2010,
The Grudge 1,2 and 3 (ones the best)
George A. Romeros films (Day of the Dead, Dawn Of The Dead etc.)
Amityville Horror
The Ring 1 and 2
Pulse
The Thing
28 Days later
Dark water (think thats it anyway)
Flatliner
HAVE A NICE DAY!

[IMG]http://www.bdcwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cactus_jack_photostudio_by_windows8osx-d51sqcw.jpg[/IMG]
Last edited by Tearcon10 at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by the666thmessiah
-Saw (The first one, maybe the second one... they are more psychological than the other ones, which have been slowly deteriorating in quality since lionsgate have been demanding more profit and less fan rewards)

-28 days later

+2 British films FTW
Watch bowling for columbine, there's some ****ed up shit in there.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
-The Exorcist
-28 days later/28 weeks later (in order please)
-George A. Romero's Dead movies (Night of the Living Dead (the 1968 version), Dawn of the Dead (NOT the 2004 version), Day of the dead (Please for your own sake stay away from the remake. SO BAD!)
-Audition, but only if you're interested in never sleeping again. EVER.
-Event Horizon
-The Thing. VERY good movie.
-Watch the first 2 Alien movies again just since they're that amazing.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
The Happening is really freaky. It messed with my head for days afterwards.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Vincent Price. Any movie he's been in that looks remotely like horror. House of wax and theatre of blood are some of his best. House of wax has absolutely no blood, yet manages to make a great horror movie. Maybe a bit dated, but judging by your list, you like the older horror movies.
Call me Matthew.
Quote by lushacrous

The one with the bees? Seriously?
Quote by craig-sansum

Quote by Sanitarium91
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
The one with the bees? Seriously?

No, dude the one with the plants.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Let The Right One In is terrific I'm told, 8/10 on IMDB too.
Last edited by Big Spender at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by Big Spender
Let The Right Ones In is terrific I'm told?

Yes. It is. Very.
HAVE A NICE DAY!

[IMG]http://www.bdcwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cactus_jack_photostudio_by_windows8osx-d51sqcw.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by Big Spender
Let The Right One In is terrific I'm told, 8/10 on IMDB too.

It's fantastic. Not really a horror film though.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Masshuu
Vincent Price. Any movie he's been in that looks remotely like horror. House of wax and theatre of blood are some of his best. House of wax has absolutely no blood, yet manages to make a great horror movie. Maybe a bit dated, but judging by your list, you like the older horror movies.

Hell yeah, modern ones are mostly crap slashers or gore fests (Saw, the endless stream of Friday The 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street etc. sequels)
Quote by craig-sansum

Quote by Sanitarium91
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
Hell yeah, modern ones are mostly crap slashers or gore fests (Saw, the endless stream of Friday The 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street etc. sequels)

The first saw really isnt a gore fest. If anyone who has watched it thinks otherwise they simply dont know what a gorefest is.

The series as a whole aswell is anything but a slasher series too, again, if people give films they critisize a chance before they consider slamming it im sure their opionion would change.
Suppose. Then again, I'm more into old stuff because back in the 80s and 90s it's just the films seemed better.
Quote by craig-sansum

Quote by Sanitarium91
Quote by mini_groning
+1, awesome movie.

White noise is pretty good too.

+1 with white noise, the hills have eyes films aren't bad, the exorcist is good.
Quote by lushacrous

That's an awful movie.
I know everyone's allowed their opinion but I honestly didn't think anyone liked that.
MIRRORS!

I watch a lot of horror, thriller and slasher movies but that one messed me up for a day or two. Couldn't walk past a mirror without a shiver down my backbone. And I have a very large mirror in my bedroom...
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
If you don't mind subtitles, there's a Spanish film called Appeared that I like. It's not really scary (IMO) but it has an interesting story.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Quote by von gelb
MIRRORS!

I watch a lot of horror, thriller and slasher movies but that one messed me up for a day or two. Couldn't walk past a mirror without a shiver down my backbone. And I have a very large mirror in my bedroom...

Really? IMO it was terrible; why the hell did esseker get repossessed/how; I thought that the demon couldnt interact except through a mirror, and it was sort of stuck through interacting with them, so how the hell did it pull that kid through the floor??? and why would it even leave essekers body into the mirrors?

Also the ending really bothered me... It didnt really coher with what the film said was going on...

All this loss of realism just ruined an otherwise potentially good horror for me
Quote by von gelb
MIRRORS!

+1
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Martyrs
The Hill Have Eyes
(Rec.)
Trick or Treat
Wrong Turn
The Hills Run Red

Some of these may be considered slasher/Gore-fests but there still damn good movies.
Burnt Offerings.

More of a 70's horror so, might not be as effect ridden as some of the recent shit that has come out, but, the 70s and 80s were the golden age of american horror films in my book. Everyone should see this movie.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Last edited by jasonmetal love at Jan 9, 2010,
Night of the Living Dead.

It's public domain so you can probably find it online somewhere.
Quote by SilentCivilian8
Martyrs

+1

:S creeped me right the hell out haha
Quote by Inimical
Night of the Living Dead.

It's public domain so you can probably find it online somewhere.

+1, I watched it on youtube(its the whole movie as one video, not like the movies that are in parts because theres still copyright) and on Halloween on AMC.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
I'm looking for some good horror films, ones along the lines of
The Shining
Blair Witch Project
Hellraiser series
Dog Soldiers
Wicker Man (original)
Psycho series
Alien series
The Fog (original)
Silence Of The Lambs
Secret Window
The Reaping
etc.

I know some are thrillers more than horror (e.g. Secret Window, Reaping etc.) but still
No slashers

What .....

Funny Games US
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by Wretched_Spawn

I'm actually really happy to know someone feels the same way. When my friends ask what movies I watch and I say 50-80s horror, I get stupefied looks from people who cant understand why I'd like to watch a black&white film. Coupled with the fact that normally they're the ones watching the gore fest with no plot line, I slowly lose my faith in modern movies. There are the odd ones here and there that I enjoy, like Session 9. I though that had a great atmosphere.
Call me Matthew.
[REC]

Best ending to a movie I've ever seen.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by the666thmessiah
Really? IMO it was terrible; why the hell did esseker get repossessed/how; I thought that the demon couldnt interact except through a mirror, and it was sort of stuck through interacting with them, so how the hell did it pull that kid through the floor??? and why would it even leave essekers body into the mirrors?

Also the ending really bothered me... It didnt really coher with what the film said was going on...

All this loss of realism just ruined an otherwise potentially good horror for me

True, there were some strange moments in the movie that didn't quite fit in with the storyline and the ending is a bit weird as well. But it has a very overall creepy atmosphere and that's what got to me I think...
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Quote by FrustratedRocka
-The Exorcist
-28 days later/28 weeks later (in order please)
-George A. Romero's Dead movies (Night of the Living Dead (the 1968 version), Dawn of the Dead (NOT the 2004 version), Day of the dead (Please for your own sake stay away from the remake. SO BAD!)
-Audition, but only if you're interested in never sleeping again. EVER.
-Event Horizon
-The Thing. VERY good movie.
-Watch the first 2 Alien movies again just since they're that amazing.

Being the self proclaimed most knowledgable horror fan on this site I want to give you a slight nod to your recommendations.

I didn't expect Audition to be mentioned.
Page 1 of 2