Page 1 of 3
Like the title says, just little parts of songs that don't have a big effect on the song but you love anyway.

Since I'm listening to RHCP right now, I'll start with

Charlie- The guitar part during the chorus
Stadium Arcadium- The backing vocals
Wet Sand- The keyboard part towards the end

Also, Guns N' Roses- This I Love. When the guitar and vocals harmonize in the third chorus.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Last edited by maidenfan15 at Jan 9, 2010,
Suicide and Redemption

The harmony bit

Mr Brownstone

When Slash hits the bottom strings open after he does the main riff bit... it adds to the energy

You Could be mine

When Duff starts doing triplets during the 'Don't forget to call my lawyers
With ridiculous demands' bit.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Opeth-Hessian Peel, When the growls start after the first organ pulse
Quote by Iain.Peters
Guthrie Govan. 'nuff said.
Quote by maidenfan15

Stadium Arcadium- The backing vocals

This should just read, ALL RHCP Backing Vocals.

Too bad John had to go and quit though. Sucks.
Goodbye to Romance by Ozzy Osbourne, off of Tribute, at the end of the song. I love how Randy Rhoads closes the song.

Also any Atreyu song, at the parts where they all yell "Hey"
In know your enemy by Green Day, I love the sorta scream he does during the bridge

In hysteria by Muse, I love the drum in the intro.

And at a show Green Day did in NYC, at the beginning of east jesus nowhere he screamed one, two, three, four in what I believe to be German, and it was just awesome in general.
Quote by eterom11
Yes, it is then!

You are truly a god among men.

Quote by Pancakehead
Dear Scribbllez I Googled it my good sir,
A hearty lol it did stir.

Ending Autumn
The bit in 'In The Air Tonight' by Phil Collins where the drums (after they've been quiet a good few minutes) kick in at the 3.30 on the toms. Heaven!
The bridge (The vocal part and the guitar part) between the second chorus and the following verse from "Salvation" by Chimaira

From Chimaira also inc the bridges in Impending Doom and Down Again

"The Seasons Whither" bridge by Machine Head.. and the following lines "And we pray you end, We pray you suffocate" etc

But Ultimately it has to be the bass drop in "The Medication" by the Haunted
Generalisations =/= Prejedice
Speaking of RHCP, I love that part in Readymade

"Aww clean it up, Johnny!" *insanity*
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by soulflyV
Yeah I think everyone loves that bit.

The OP did specify parts that don't have a big effect on the overall song. Surely the solo would count as having a big effect?
Quote by TomusAM
Goodbye to Romance by Ozzy Osbourne

Epic solo and synths.

Also on the topic of RHCP, the acoustic guitar in Slow Cheetah and Desecration Smile.

On a heavier note. The Dual guitaring in Halo by Machine Head
Last edited by Big Spender at Jan 9, 2010,
In Chemo Limo by Regina Spektor, the little bass part in the chorus is really good, but you don't really notice it unless you listen out for it.

I love it, it makes me day.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
The 'Ready Freddie' bit in Crazy Little Thing Called Love and one of the high notes in the Sunshine of Your Love solo always gets me.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
Background guitar melody during the middle section of The Patient - Tool.

Scott Weiland's(STP) "Ohhh ohh yeahhh yeahhh" during the chorus of Dead and Bloated.

The acoustic guitar tone at the beginning of Porcupine Tree - Trains.
The little mini riff in between the intro solo and the main riff in In Flames's December Flower. Always make a little head gesture when that plays
Can't stop the spirits when they need you This life is more than just a read thru
The last chorus on Beatiful Mourning by Machine Head, the acoustic parts in To Live Is To Die, the calm part in Orion and Suicide & Redemption.

But my absolute favorite headbanger parts is when the main riff kicks in on That Was Just Your Life and Battery, when there's only one guitar and the drums and the bass is quiet.
nickelbacks song "Burn it to the ground", every time they scream "HEY" makes me want to raise my fist and shout it too.

the two near consecutive solos from chreap tricks "i want you to want me" i love the teh treble... and they gave me some. then did it again... only higher *orgasms*
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
I'm not a big fan of Hardcore music, but usually when you listen to it on a good sound system, definately has to have subs, there's almost always a huge amount of bass on the first note to start the breakdown.
Stone Temple Pilots 'Lounge Fly' - the sound of the acoustic interlude
Alice In Chains 'Shame In You' - the lead guitar at the end of the song, and the slide riff
Led Zeppelin 'The Rain Song' - the way Jimmy plays the opening G chord
Derek And The Dominos 'Bell Bottom Blues' - the pinch harmonics in the solo
The Black Crowes 'Thorn In My Pride' - the 'high pitched' riff in the chorus
Definately the vocal harmonies in Bleak by Opeth off the Blackwater Park album.
Amazing horse, the "sweet sweet lemonade" part when the horse comes and harmonizes the old man. Epic.
DeVillains!
Sylosis - Oath Of Silence

I just love the part where the vocalist screams/whatever he does: But unlike the hand of midas, what you touch will turn to shit. .....

Parts of In Your Words by Lamb Of God I love more than the rest of the song
and parts of End Of The Land by Van Morrison I love more than the rest of the song too
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
When Paul swears in Hey Jude.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The part in maggotbrain by funkadelic towards the end, most powerful part of the song for me, hard to describe though.
Also in the gunners dream by pink floyd, the vocal-brass transition after/during the scream.
Quote by lordrcceaser
Opeth-Hessian Peel, When the growls start after the first organ pulse

Dream Theater - Blind Faith. The piano-only part
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
In Blindfolds Aside by Protest The Hero, on the last "drop the gun" part in the bridge thing, just in your right ear there's an overdubbed growl of "drop the gun", and I just love it, but I don't quite know why.
The part where the lyrics briefly stop in "Every Break You Take" and all you hear is the piano playing the same note in an even pattern, and then Sting starts kind of humming over the top of it--it's the "bridge" of the song, I guess.

The bridge in the song "Gasoline" by Audioslave is pretty badass.

The guitar solo in Hendrix's version of "All Along the Watchtower."

And, of course, the repeated delay/distortion riff in the instrumental "Reggatta de Blanc" by the Police. That shit jams.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Exogenesis Part 2 - Muse

The bit where he starts singing TELL US! TELL US YOUR FINAL WISH!

Love it.
The slow part in Panama by Van Halen, feels like a cozy tourbus driving through the desert at night.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Any Arch Enemy melody, I get chills... best one was in the latest live DVD 'Tyrants Of The Rising Sun' During 'Silverwing' after the solos. it breaks, then they both harmonise the main melody of the song, It was eargasmic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_J8CEmVD_k 3:38
Page 1 of 3